$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 114.7

7,005 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Influence action (colony ship) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
Hello,

can i using the Influence action to take control of a hex, place copulation cubes there and then immediately flip two used colony chips face-up and again place population cube?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
You may use colony ships in any moment, so also between taking control and flipping 2 ships.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indenture Forlife
msg tools
I thought you could only use three colony ships per round? Once used a colony ship remiais upside down (used) until the beginning of the next round?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The influence action unflips two colony ships (one in the case of Magellan).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Przezdziek
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-pomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
The influence action unflips two colony ships (one in the case of Magellan).


Peter,
can you please advise where is this shown in the manual ?

I thought once ship is used, it remains used till end of round - despite Influence action.
This may be a huge change in the way we play the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Ciechonski
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is on page 10, second paragraph from the bottom.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Directly from Polish rulebook
Quote:
Po poruszeniu dysków, możesz także obrócić dwa statki kolonizacyjne
awersem do góry.
1 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the point of unflipping if you can't use them afterwards? Its often the more important usage of influence on a turn to get all your planets filled.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
What's the point of unflipping if you can't use them afterwards? Its often the more important usage of influence on a turn to get all your planets filled.

Indeed. I don't always use the influence action, but when I do, I use my flipped colony ships immediately.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Woodhouse
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
As I understand it, the flipping of 2 colony ships can be done at any time during the influence action.

So, for example, you can place influence disks down, use one or more colony ships to place population cubes on newly acquired planets; and then flip up two colony ships.

Or, you can even not place or remove influence disks, but simply flip up two colony ships.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do all three colony ships flip back over at the start of every turn? Or is an influence action required to flip them again after the first use?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VirtualAlex wrote:
Do all three colony ships flip back over at the start of every turn? Or is an influence action required to flip them again after the first use?
They flip at the start of every round. You use the Influence action to flip them back before that point when you want to deploy more than 3 population cubes over the course of a round.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
VirtualAlex wrote:
Do all three colony ships flip back over at the start of every turn? Or is an influence action required to flip them again after the first use?
They flip at the start of every round. You use the Influence action to flip them back before that point when you want to deploy more than 3 population cubes over the course of a round.


Technically they flip at the end of the round during clean up, but there is nothing currently in the game where that makes a difference ;-)

Edit: Major Nitpick strikes again and flies away ....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.