7,155 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Nick Yee
United States
California
flag msg tools

We've updated the Board Game Motivation Profile with a Group Tag feature.

Take a 5-minute survey to get your own profile, and then create or join a group. The group’s aggregate profile is then automatically updated as membership grows.

Overview of the new "Group Tag" feature.
• See this previous forum thread for some background on this Board Game Motivation Profile.

If you've previously taken the profile and registered an account, you can log in to create or join a group without needing to take the survey again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
Serious marketing questions there. What does this have to do with Motivation profile? Motivation to buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Yee
United States
California
flag msg tools
Sagrilarus wrote:
Serious marketing questions there. What does this have to do with Motivation profile? Motivation to buy?

Most of the questions in the profile tool focus on motivation to play board games. Scan ahead to see the rest of the questions by clicking "Next".

Also, you can preview what a motivation profile report looks like from one of the demo profiles at the bottom of this page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
Järfälla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally lost here. What is the groups for? I have taken the test, I am a proud https://goo.gl/vjvW5n

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Yee
United States
California
flag msg tools
sthrjo wrote:
I'm totally lost here. What is the groups for? I have taken the test, I am a proud https://goo.gl/vjvW5n

We're constantly trying out new features based on community feedback. So for example, several people asked about a feature that could calculate the group profile for a forum/subreddit. For example, see this Reddit thread.

So the idea is that once you have your own individual report, you can create or join a group, and invite others to generate that group profile (i.e., the average of the members of the group). For example, see this group profile that the YouTube channel Dark Pixel Gaming generated.

Note that you do have to register an account to use this group tag feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
Järfälla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I invite people to join the Lower Right group. But what is the point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Yee
United States
California
flag msg tools
sthrjo wrote:
I invite people to join the Lower Right group. But what is the point?

For any gaming group, it would show whether there are strong biases towards/away from specific motivations, how narrowly-focused the group is vs. more varied interested. So for example, when Dark Pixel Gaming did it for their YouTube channel, that then helps them understand their viewer base and curate content for their future videos.

It's also interesting when comparing somewhat similar groups to pinpoint their differences. So for example, compare these two group profiles (both of digital RPG gamers):
- Profile for Dark Pixel
- Profile for /r/JRPGs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.