Subject: Amazon - 3rd Party Scammers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm seeing a LOT of 3rd party scammers pop up in the last few days.

Just in the last day I've seen ridiculously low prices on almost half a dozen items by "just launched" sellers where most of their items were all priced at one amount.

Some examples:
Pandemic Cthulhu - $6.88 + free shipping
Dead of Winter - the long night - $20.88 free shipping
X-wing imperial aces - $13.88 free shipping

beware

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
henry k
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
How do these scams even work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's been some discussion about it in hot deals. It seems to be happening more frequently. I think the scammers hold out the shipping date just long enough to get paid by Amazon and then vanish, or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is happening a lot.

No idea how they make any money, as I can't see amazon not having a way to fix that after being an industry giant for so long.

It's a pain in the ass in other areas, like books, where seeing things for a couple bucks is very common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came to this forum to post my findings of a scam on Catan for $6.59 + shipping. shake 3rd party Amazon seller, just launched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately Amazon has become a cesspool of third-party sellers that are pawning a lot of second hand, used, or knock-off stuff as new.

I can't count the number of times I've bought something in the last year: games, electronics, DVDs, tools, accessories; and have had to return it because it's been soiled, used, broken, or not the item I actually ordered.

In their quest to become the world's biggest market place, they are quickly becoming the world's biggest flea market.

I find myself buying less and less from them.

Fortunately they have a very liberal return policy, but it's just a hassle to try to buy there first, return it, and then buy it again from a more reputable site where I know the item really IS coming directly from the manufacturer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banshy1 wrote:

In their quest to become the world's biggest market place, they are quickly becoming the world's biggest flea market.

At least at a flea market you can closely examine the item you're considering purchasing. The kind of behavior described in this thread is a lot more annoying than selling used items at flea market. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
myles
United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
It happened to me. yuk I ordered a "new" DnD player's handbook for a too good to be true price (my first ignored clue) several weeks ago. I didn't think too hard about it sadly. I also didn't notice it was a 0 feedback seller until after buying. I also was complacent, resting comfortably on Amazon customer service. It took over a week for them to mark as shipped, and estimated delivery (supposedly from NY) for about another 2 weeks. Yah, I started worrying when I saw this. It didn't take long for negative reviews to come rolling in. I started the refund process.

Now, they are off amazon, completely. I looked again, and there is another copy for another too good to be true price from another 0 feedback seller. Buyer beware.

I'm pretty much just going to filter by prime availability and amazon as the retailer in future searches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scam alert:

Samuel Merchant Amazon Scammer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ishtar Montgomery
msg tools
I got scammed recently, here is the user:

https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=ABYI...

I bought a copy of Tsuro for xmas for a friend and never got it.

Amazon is refunding but figured I would warn others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.