Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Got Shores and Blackwell expansions today rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got Shores and Blackwell expansions today along with all the card sleeves I ordered.
Everything was in great condition even though the smaller tiles were sliding back and forth in the boxes.

No damage on the figures but 3 of them will need some regluing.
2 off the base and 1 arm was off. Surprisingly only a few look like they will need the hot-to-cold water treatment.

2 more sheets of bits. I need a better solution then the one I have. Ideally something involving a label maker.

This is what started me on the Myth path, just in time for miniature painting season, woo hoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised there was no bubble wrap or peanuts in the box for protection. My games were fine but I was missing the two additional pledges I added on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got mine over the weekend. I still have a few misc. Myth figures (mainly extra Captains and minions) I have to paint that I got from a friend, but I think I'm going to hop straight into the expansion stuff and try to knock as much of that out of the way before the KS arrives. Plus I want to play it and while silly, I'd rather wait till they are all painted to start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
I was surprised there was no bubble wrap or peanuts in the box for protection. My games were fine but I was missing the two additional pledges I added on.

Urgh, I'm double-pledged, and I've heard that this is a common problem. I haven't received anything yet, but I'm definitely anticipating that they'll forget my second set as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
whiskemuscles wrote:

The tiles are just bouncing around in there also. Actually everything is, but my tiles were banged up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received today. Only one of two pledges received. Two packs of sleeves not present that I ordered as well. Ah well. Emailed and will await a response after the dust settles at megacon.

I'm assuming multiple pledges come in multiple boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are using Kable for shipping? My Banner saga was shipped similarly (not received myth here in VA yet).. I am guessing, the replacement cost is overall less than the proper safe packing cost? but I am hoping this will change for future shipments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:

Urgh, I'm double-pledged, and I've heard that this is a common problem. I haven't received anything yet, but I'm definitely anticipating that they'll forget my second set as well.

I am worried about that, too, since I got an extra Minion pledge (and 5 sets of hero cards). No sign of my stuff, yet, either. The waiting is awful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevertellmetheodds wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:

The tiles are just bouncing around in there also. Actually everything is, but my tiles were banged up.

I meant in the outer box. The boxes were just placed in another box. With some extra protection thrown at the top. I was just saying I could see why people had the sides of their box messed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in NJ yesterday afternoon. There was "butcher paper" on top of the two boxes to fill the head room, but thankfully no damage to the game boxes at all. Blackwall was fine inside, but it looks like my copy of Kanis was either on its side at some point or was violently shifted sideways - the cardboard insert that separates the minis from the decks was bent and all the tiles then shuttled back and forth between the two cells. From what I can see, the damage is minimal, so it looks like a lucky break. I think the card decks must have hit the cardboard wall like a battering ram and just bent it enough to shift everything.

Regardless, my quick inspection of all the tiles and the bagged minis suggests what others have reported is correct - the quality is the same as the original Myth - everything just *pops* on the tiles and the token colors are bright and clear. I'm going to give the minis a full inspection today, but I'm quite pleased at what I see so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
breegull wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:

I am worried about that, too, since I got an extra Minion pledge (and 5 sets of hero cards). No sign of my stuff, yet, either. The waiting is awful!

I bet! They should have sent your stuff as a priority! You are one of the game's rock stars. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
I meant in the outer box. The boxes were just placed in another box. With some extra protection thrown at the top. I was just saying I could see why people had the sides of their box messed up.

I received my box from Kable yesterday. I snapped some pictures just so folks have an idea on what to expect. If you backed RECON this box will look quite similar.

Having seen some others report damaged boxes due to poorly packed contents, I was apprehensive when I picked this box up from the porch; a quick glance shows exactly why people have concerns.

I remained hopeful that this was simply outer box damage and not damage that permeated into the product itself. Opening the box revealed the butcher paper dunnage that others have discussed.

Under this thin layer of paper is the product. Fortunately, it wasn't damaged.

This next image shows why people are receiving damaged boxes. There's a 3 inch gap between the top of the two games and the top of the outer box. With nothing but flimsy paper to fill this gap, these boxes are going to crush when stacked in trailers and experience the stresses of normal handling.

Hopefully, for most backers any damage will be cosmetic (as it was for me) and most won't have problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved all the cards today. The expansion cards for all the base heroes ended up being 3 sleeves short per hero. Ow ow ow my OCD hurts. I guess it's off to buy more base hero sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Since there are 3 non-playable reference cards per hero, I put clear sleeves on those. Now the numbers work out perfectly, and the non-playable reference cards stand out more (and double as dividers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is true. Now it's just a minor irritation instead of actual pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
torva wrote:
Since there are 3 non-playable reference cards per hero, I put clear sleeves on those. Now the numbers work out perfectly, and the non-playable reference cards stand out more (and double as dividers).

Except that there's often a couple bad sleeves per package (cut too wide so stands out in the deck, or cut too narrow opening one side completely). For a few characters I'll be short a couple sleeves, so I suppose I'll sleeve what I can and move sleeves as the decks change content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I had 1 dead sleeve so of coarse I bought all new sleeves. Lol. I will be all set for the next expansion. I have already unconsciously decided that money is no object for this product. And if you tell my wife I will deny it. lol I kill me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackson
United States
Versailles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to the infrequent card swaps in the hero decks, I suppose I never really planned on sleeving all of the cards - just pop one out of a sleeve and replace with a new when I swap.

I think I have an old 4 card-per page binder lying around somewhere that I may put them in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Burchett
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avengers! Cowabunga!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not happy with the packaging of the game boxes, but mine arrived without damage.

Also, all of my outsider card sleeves are blurry. Like they were printed out of focus. I sent an email to MCG and I am waiting for a reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.