Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still going to be a little wonky and unbalanced in places, but I've made a lot of progress in the forthcoming Networks expansion that I plan to put on Kickstarter next year!

I'm thinking of running a game at my booth (Aviators 912) on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 4 pm. I'd need at least 2 people in each slot for it to run (the expansion will still play 1-5 players, but I haven't had as much testing at 1 or 2 players yet).

If you're interested, reply below with the slot you're interested in. I'll periodically update this thread with who's in.

Thanks!

Thursday 11/17
(5 slots available, 2 needed to run)

Friday 11/18
(4 slots available, 1 needed to run)
GustavMahler

Saturday 11/19
(5 slots available, 2 needed to run)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fisher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to! But I believe I have games scheduled already for those times. I'll check back in on this after I know for sure, but if you decide to run any earlier OR need help playtesting at 1/2 players some other time during the Con let me know and I'd be happy to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, what are you adding in this expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK WADDLE
United States
Austin
texAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !! friday at 4 please We shall keep in touch for reminder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:

Three main things:

1) Asymmetric networks. Each Network will have its own sets of Pros and Cons. I've posted a few examples on Instagram, here, here, and here. (Note that some card text has changed since those photos were taken.) I currently have 9 that I'm working on, although that number may rise or fall by the time the Kickstarter launches next year.

2) Starting draft. Instead of getting a set amount of money, 3 public access shows, 1 star, and 1 ad, you get dealt 4 shows. Everyone picks one show simultaneously as their 8 pm show and adds it to their lineup. These shows will indicate if you start with extra money, stars, ads, or Network Cards. Then everyone passes their cards to the left, chooses their 9 pm show, gets stuff from it, and so on. So everyone has a different setup even when the game starts.

3) Streamlined genre bonuses. Each genre bonus is now 5 Viewers, plus a free star (from a draw of 3) or an add with some money. Exactly like the 3-Show Genre Bonus from the base game.

But the second time you get a Genre Bonus, you get to take a Power Card (working name; real name TBD) that is effectively a superpowered Network Card. This removes the fiddlyness of the 5-show Genre Bonus, and reduces the swinginess of the luck of drawing 3 Network Cards.

Genre Bonuses in the expansion are now at 4 Shows and 6 Shows, instead of 3 and 5. That's because with the starting setup, it's pretty common to start the game with two shows of the same genre.

That may be more specific than general, but I find it tough to summarize stuff in progress sometimes. Hope it helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GustavMahler wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !! friday at 4 please We shall keep in touch for reminder

You're in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IngredientX wrote:
Trump wrote:

Three main things:

1) Asymmetric networks. Each Network will have its own sets of Pros and Cons. I've posted a few examples on Instagram, here, here, and here. (Note that some card text has changed since those photos were taken.) I currently have 9 that I'm working on, although that number may rise or fall by the time the Kickstarter launches next year.

2) Starting draft. Instead of getting a set amount of money, 3 public access shows, 1 star, and 1 ad, you get dealt 4 shows. Everyone picks one show simultaneously as their 8 pm show and adds it to their lineup. These shows will indicate if you start with extra money, stars, ads, or Network Cards. Then everyone passes their cards to the left, chooses their 9 pm show, gets stuff from it, and so on. So everyone has a different setup even when the game starts.

3) Streamlined genre bonuses. Each genre bonus is now 5 Viewers, plus a free star (from a draw of 3) or an add with some money. Exactly like the 3-Show Genre Bonus from the base game.

But the second time you get a Genre Bonus, you get to take a Power Card (working name; real name TBD) that is effectively a superpowered Network Card. This removes the fiddlyness of the 5-show Genre Bonus, and reduces the swinginess of the luck of drawing 3 Network Cards.

Genre Bonuses in the expansion are now at 4 Shows and 6 Shows, instead of 3 and 5. That's because with the starting setup, it's pretty common to start the game with two shows of the same genre.

That may be more specific than general, but I find it tough to summarize stuff in progress sometimes. Hope it helps!

Hey, I have no problems with the specifics. I just didn't want to put you on the spot.

There's just no way that I can commit to a timeslot to come by and play, but I will try to come by and take a look at any of this new expansion that you wish to show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmb
I have now subscribed to the game to keep an eye out for the KS.

Changes sound interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IngredientX wrote:
Trump wrote:

Three main things:

Awesome to hear what some of the stuff in the expansion is.

I have a friend making me an insert for the game.

Do you know if there will be new bigger things like player boards and such? Will the new networks have their own player boards? I assume that will be the case.

I guess what I'm asking is whether or not the expansion will fit in the original box and how much space I should allow for bigger things rather than just new cards.

Thanks for a great game, Gil! Played it again last weekend and finally won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:

Do you know if there will be new bigger things like player boards and such? Will the new networks have their own player boards? I assume that will be the case.

I guess what I'm asking is whether or not the expansion will fit in the original box and how much space I should allow for bigger things rather than just new cards.

This is a really good question. Answer is: I don't know yet. cool

I was originally going to have 8 different Networks, each with different colors and different player boards. But after more testing, I have 12 Networks I'm testing now.

So instead, I might just have the new Networks be cards that overlay on top of the current player boards, with a possible stretch goal being new player boards with a recessed area in which you put the card with the new Network details.

Everything is, of course, subject to change at this point. So I'd say prep for about a larger deck of 10 or so cards (give or take 4), maybe about 100-130 new cards, and maybe 5 new player boards. But don't be surprised if things change from here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IngredientX wrote:
hist wrote:

This is a really good question. Answer is: I don't know yet. cool

I was originally going to have 8 different Networks, each with different colors and different player boards. But after more testing, I have 12 Networks I'm testing now.

So instead, I might just have the new Networks be cards that overlay on top of the current player boards, with a possible stretch goal being new player boards with a recessed area in which you put the card with the new Network details.

Everything is, of course, subject to change at this point. So I'd say prep for about a larger deck of 10 or so cards (give or take 4), maybe about 100-130 new cards, and maybe 5 new player boards. But don't be surprised if things change from here!

Having made hist's insert for his copy of The Networks, I was wondering if the expansion will come with a larger box? The one for the base game works for now, even with the cards being sleeved, but if there will be more cards added, it'll be logistically difficult to fit everything into the original box.

Any hint? meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
i_seachange wrote:
Having made hist's insert for his copy of The Networks, I was wondering if the expansion will come with a larger box? The one for the base game works for now, even with the cards being sleeved, but if there will be more cards added, it'll be logistically difficult to fit everything into the original box.

Any hint? meeple

No hints yet! I want to be mindful of selling a box full of air too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.