Subject: An awesome custom dice set for an awesome game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

I'm a bit surprised to not see some dice sets on the market for this game already.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have 12 custom deluxe dice for Defenders of the Realm? Like marble effects for each color, that would be beautiful. And since having a 1 result is very bad for the players, why not, instead of the 1-side, there would be a dragon head on the blue dice, an orc head on the green ones, a skull on the black ones, and a demon head on the red ones.
I would buy those in a heartbeat arrrh

Here is an example of the marble effect I'm talking about. It's very old-ish

What do you guys think about that? If there is really a DotR kickstarter scheduled for 2017, they should create and sell new dice set, it would be super awesome!

Cheers meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the idea as long as the icon is only on the 1 face. You could probably start this project yourself. Folks have done it for other games like Arkham Horror.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
I can get my hand on marbled dice of the 4 colors, but what do you suggest I do for the 1 face? I should get in touch with a manufacturer and start a kickstarter?

The only thing I can do on my level is to just print the heads and stick them on the 1 face of the 12 dice. But I'm not sure it would be pretty, especially compared to a custom engraved dice.

Well, actually, I have nothing to lose to do this on the game dice set, and I'll see how it goes. And if getting a visual gives more reasons for Eagle Games to produce them, then it's all the better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can contact a company like Chessex to make custom dice how ever you like. They can be pretty expensive if you are doing a small number, but if you are making a large buy in with a bunch of people it can be pretty effective. About 7 years ago another BGGer and I had an idea to make custom Arkham Horror dice. In the end we got the price down to under $1 a die, but we had a lot of people go in on it. It was some time ago and I can't remember all the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
This is what I did with the standard dice from DotR:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.