Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since he didn't use a multicolor font this time, I'll help.

Initiative 735 will make Washington the 18th state to ask Congress to overturn Citizens United.

Quote:
New Section. Sec. 3. POLICY & PROMOTION
The voters of the State of Washington urge immediate action by the current and future Washington State congressional delegations to propose a joint resolution for an amendment to The Constitution of the United States clarifying that:
1. The rights listed and acknowledged in The Constitution of the United States are the rights of individual human beings only.
2. The judiciary shall not construe the spending of money to be free speech under the First Amendment of The Constitution of the United States. Federal, state, and local governments shall be fully empowered to regulate political contributions and expenditures to ensure that no person or artificial legal entity gains undue influence over government and the political process.
3. All political contributions and expenditures shall be disclosed promptly and in a manner accessible to voters prior to elections.
4. This act does not limit the people’s rights to freedom of speech, freedom of the press, free exercise of religion, or freedom of association.
New Section. Sec. 4. RECOMMENDATION TO CONGRESS
In accordance with the U.S. Constitution, the voters of the State of Washington urge the Washington state congressional delegation, and the U.S. Congress generally, to include an amendment ratification method which will best ensure that the people are heard and represented during the ratification process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Congress voting to cut off the trough?

That'll happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
CA has a proposition for that, too. I forget what number, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What? You guys don't like self funded billionaires using their own money to win elections?

Or are you talking about Special Interest hillary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
What? You guys don't like self funded billionaires using their own money to win elections?

The quote is above. It's there and neither of your examples directly applies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

They want to stop the humanoids from speaking out against them. Sure, Hillary wanted to silence a movie about her in an election year which is bad, but rich people are spending money !!!! zomg, we cant have that if its not fair !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
Congress voting to cut off the trough?

That'll happen.

Cynical bastard ... and 100% true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Did you know that you can dislike things about one candidate, like the way another candidate does it, and yet not have borderline hallucinatory religious experiences on the internet while doing so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.