Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Peters
United States
Barberton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This took me long enough learning this 3D modeling and printing from scratch, but it was a good way to get an introduction to CAD modeling, and I'm pretty happy with it. It turns out that when organized this box is just silly and ridiculously large...

So.. I modeled the great foamcore frame pieces from
Yanick Fournier
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

to hold the boards in place

That sets up a nice level surface for the tiles

So, my third layer is way thicker than I wanted. I compromised by making the containers that hold the player pieces ridiculously large, and I'm printing out spacers right now to hold pieces against the top of the box... essentially lids for pushing up the animals and goods trays against the lid. Also, I just used scrap printing material for most of this, so first red, then turquoise... now white.

Here's everything outside of the box. You can see how thick the player containers are - mainly just to fill up the box.

Overall I'm pretty happy. I learned that since I've built my printer from a cheap kit, and manually made upgrades just playing around that it prints things about 1-1.5% larger than it should, so I've learned to deal with that. 123Design is a nice easy 3D modeling program to learn, and I may not be any smarter than I was yesterday, but at least I can print something cool from scratch - and it distracted me from the election for a few days.

Next up.... A Feast for Odin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
msg tools
Looks great, I can't wait to see your solution for A Feast for Odin. I have been waiting to do mine until I see some other ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
East Sooke
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
schmeed wrote:
Looks great, I can't wait to see your solution for A Feast for Odin. I have been waiting to do mine until I see some other ideas.

I'd consider waiting until the expansion is released, as it will make all previous inserts obsolete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
United States
Barberton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the nice thing about printing it myself, and having big spacer blocks. Easy to add room... already have a blueprint for three player trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
East Sooke
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
cnp3 wrote:
That's the nice thing about printing it myself, and having big spacer blocks. Easy to add room... already have a blueprint for three player trays.

I'm going to bide my time and wait to see what materials need to be accommodated. The third player's bits and boards are one thing, but I understand there are at least two new types of materials/resources which are also going to need to be accounted for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.