6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Hero: Charles Xavier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools
I didn't see any custom Prof. X cards in the custom database. I don't have any expansions, so decided to try my hand at him. Please let me know what you think. (Some card names may need changing.)

Common 1

Common 2

Uncommon

Rare
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
I will always love more Prof. X!!

For the first common, did you mean <RECRUIT> instead of the cost symbol?

I'd probably change the name of one of the commons, to avoid confusion and whatnot. You might want to change the wording of the triggered super power to "Reveal the top card of the Villain Deck, if it's a Villain, you may..."

I personally am not a fan of non-rare cards costing more than 6 haha. But considering the randomness of the ability, 6 is a better cost anyway. I like the ability. It reminds me of Loki's uncommon.

Your rare is really unique. Again, I think you meant to use <RECRUIT> instead of the <COST> symbol. It's really powerful, but the randomness helps a bit. Idk if recruiting a free hero is overkill, but you could probably keep it as is. I like the card name of "To me, my X-Men" as a better fit, but that's my two cents haha.

Way to go!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools
redlion64 wrote:
For the first common, did you mean <RECRUIT> instead of the cost symbol?

Haha, yes, that is exactly what I meant Nice one for spotting it! Tbh, I followed everything you said, as they are all great ideas. I like the 'Recruit one hero for free' because I reckon the 2 cards left over won't be so hot. We'll know after a few play tests! Please update with any more ideas. Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
I like the changes you made. Pretty interesting character since all of his cards are dependent on what else is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

thumbsup

Listed under Professor X
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools
jhochges wrote:
I like the changes you made. Pretty interesting character since all of his cards are dependent on what else is available.

I really like cards that are not always set in stone, that can make or break a game and mix up play. I also like cards that give you choices. I thought Prof X was a great candidate to try this wildcard mechanic with. I'm glad you like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.