Yggdrasil» Forums » General

Subject: The Die rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have noticed after several plays that I roll white side very often. I lost many figths and games as well due to this. I started to record rolls and last 5 games I rolled white side in 45-70%. I have experienced bad days in other games of course but not several plays in row. How are your rolls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a state on my rolls but as big as the die is I wonder if it doesn't roll well (i.e. turn/spin much).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
I have noticed after several plays that I roll white side very often. I lost many figths and games as well due to this. I started to record rolls and last 5 games I rolled white side in 45-70%. I have experienced bad days in other games of course but not several plays in row. How are your rolls?

You can check out this video to learn how to test the balance of your dice.

Granted it's for a d20, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for a d6.
Then you could at least know if it's a balance issue or possibly something else like a rolling method issue as Patrick suggested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
Hmm, that does seem off.

For those not familiar with the Yggdrasil die, it has the following 6 sides, with each side having a color and # of "pips"....

# of pips color
1 = 0 white
2 = 0 white
3 = 1 blue
4 = 1 blue
5 = 2 green
6 = 3 black

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I tested balance as suggested and it seems to be ok. So, I don't know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.