Subject: Will there be FAQ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Szymon K
Poland
Warszawa (Warsaw)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I loved the game, but I noticed that many of small rules clarifications are not in the rulebook.
In our first play we had to guess and deduce, so it would be great if there were a FAQ that covers many little aspects.
Thanks in advance,
and thanks for a lovely game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also would like to see a FAQ. It would also be nice to have more presence from the developers on this forum to answer all of the questions and rules clarifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for a FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My collection so far:

=========================================
== Mi Tierra Nueva Rule Clarifications ==
=========================================

- Industrial Cards in your farm that produces goods (3 cows = 1 milk, etc.)
only produce that good "once per turn". The factory on the other hand can
produce as many goods as you can pay for
(3 cows = 1 milk + 3 more cows = 1 milk, etc.).

- A minimum of Level 1 is required for each horse that competes in the Rodeo.

- Rodeo bonus is for produced goods (apple card, wheat card, etc.) and livestock, not seeds.

- Starting game bonus is for seeds and animals (not goods like apple card, etc.).

- At the end of the game (scoring), when selling goods at the black market, you
are NOT allowed to sell seeds (apple seeds, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon K
Poland
Warszawa (Warsaw)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
-*- you are not allowed to have two identical improvments at your farm

-*- reference card has a mistake - 6 on D6 is 3 sheep/chickens (instead of 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We’d add the following to the excellent items that started this thread. In some cases, we do not know the intended answer.

Meat (areas 3, 4, 6). If I’m lucky with dice and produce “too many” animals and can’t keep them, I may turn the excess into meat. But can I voluntarily make an animal into meat whenever I want to, even if it’s not necessary? For example, if I have only one pen containing a cow, may I turn the cow into meat so I can replace it with two chickens?

Water drops (Water Bearer improvement). Does the water drop printed on my player mat count as one of the “4 water markers” I need to qualify for the $10, or must I have 4 wooden markers?

Industrial Improvement activation (area 14). The rules say that the A-Improvements are activated once per turn during the “Your Farm” phase. But what about the “School” which lets me re-roll a die? I may do that during earlier phases, true?

Produce Logos. “Seeds” are wooden and the apples that are produced by the trees are cards ... it’s good to clarify this. But for the products, why are the logos different? For example, all the apple cards picture a single apple, including even the backs which mean 2 apples. But on the board, a 3-apple symbol is used. It’s pretty clear from the context that Large Factory #13 requires only 2 apples (not 2x3 = 6 apples) to produce a bottle of chicha. Similarly, one bag of harina on the cards is represented by two bags on the game board. These variable logos within the game components are confusing, but it seems to be true that any number of apples or milk bottles on the cards or game board mean one unit, correct?

Wagon Wheel color. On the game board, the pairs of wheels for areas 1 to 7 are different colors (lighter versus darker brown); in areas 8 and higher they are both dark brown. Does this have any meaning? Perhaps only the dark brown is used for 2 players (similar to the imaginary 3rd wheel for 6 players)?

More Produce cards? Animals and water drops are intentionally limited, and the number available is not reduced for fewer than 6 players, true? If animals are earned (from dice or birth) but markers are not available, take meat instead.

But is the quantity of wooden seeds limited? We assume they are first-come first-served, as for horses, right? So a later player gets nothing if too many picked the Greenhouse action.

We assume that apples and other products represented by cards are not limited, but can’t find this explicitly stated in the rules. However, even with only 3 players in our first game, we ran out of apple and meat cards. There may be a market for separate packs of additional produce cards, so that we have enough to easily play.

Great game, though ... we'll play it a lot! Thank you! -- C&B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few more questions and nominations for a future FAQ:

Rodeo Ties: Suppose in the second rodeo, A & B enter level 3 horses and C & D & E enter level 1 horses. A&B tie so split the money: (20+10) / 2 = 15 each. And C&D&E each get: (5+2+1) / 3 = 2. But both A&B get two prizes; that is, they are both considered to be "first" so they get the double prize, even though they share the 1st + 2nd place cash awards. And although it might be though that C&D&E tied for 3rd place (and split the 3rd + 4th + 5th place money), they are considered to be "second" so all three get the one-item prize.

Event Timing: Players may choose when these happen. For example, the "Spring" A event means 2 cows make a baby. A player with an empty space for the baby may take the calf early (before step 14) while a player with a full pen may sell one cow in step 14 and then later put the calf in the empty space. But there will be only one calf per player during the entire year.

Taxes: The B section of the Spring event above looks like the arrow is backwards; $10 mean a tax payment of $1, not the other way around. True?

Money Track: Why is there no "0 peso" space at the beginning of the track? May players spend their last peso and move their marker off to the side (so as not to cover the step 15 market choices)? Perhaps this is intended to be like Roll for the Galaxy, where a player who spends everything still begins the next year with one peso left?

Sower Industrial Improvement: To earn the $10, must at least one of each type of field be watered, or is it okay as long as the seeds are there even without water?

We will thank people for answers, and for creating an FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ragonnet
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no news for a FAQ ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

Also, can we put a worker in a empty field (initially) and then, in the resolution phase, we get the seeds and the water we need, so that when it gets to the farm phase, it produces? Or we con only put a worker to produce if we already have seeds and water on the fields?

Do the B improvements fill up a space or cover the other A ones or do we keep them separate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Viña del Mar
V. Región
flag msg tools
If a game needs it, I feel forced to create and implement some variants.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Also, can we put a worker in a empty field (initially) and then, in the resolution phase, we get the seeds and the water we need, so that when it gets to the farm phase, it produces? Or we con only put a worker to produce if we already have seeds and water on the fields?

Do the B improvements fill up a space or cover the other A ones or do we keep them separate?

1) Yes, you can, because the order of activations (timing) will fit. Obviusly, deploy workers in your farm must be done in your last turn actions, because it's better to take the best common places in the board first.

2) You can have only 3 improvements in your farm at the same time, so you'll probably have to replace A improvements covering them with B or even others A ones during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Great game!

Those should be on the FAQ as well, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.