$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Miles Jackson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
new user
Hello! If I use the Item Transfiguration proficiency to discard say, Chocolate Frogs, do I get to trigger the discard effect of chocolate frogs (gain one influence and one heart) in ADDITION to searching my deck for an item costing 4 or less? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edens
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I play it as yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Andrew confirmed that discard affects apply when used with Proficiencies and Horcruxes in another thread, but I don't have a link handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Jackson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
new user
Thank you! I checked out a bunch of the other threads, but I must have missed it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only "Discard" that I don't count as triggering the "if you discard this card effect" triggers is the one at the end of turn if you didn't play it.

So Dark Arts, Villains, Transfiguration and Hoarcruxes (Hoarcruxi?) all trigger things like Crunchy Frog...

Meanwhile Crab & Goyle only trigger on discards caused by Dark Arts & Villains (per their card text).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.