Subject: laminated player cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamie erskine
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
anyone tried this?

I cant stand the flimsy card stock used for them. There is no way theyll last long as you use them time and time again.

I get that laminating can make it difficulkt to cut perfectly, but i dont see how/why you'd need that here as you dont shuffle them or anything.

Plus, the fact that the player cards are still on quite thin card means they should seal well, compared to laminating thicker cards.

anyone done this? Have any recommendations on whether I would need to but laminating sleeves that fit right, or could I fit 4 player cards on 1 A4 sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who plays several hundred games with each set, I can tell you they hold up much better than you'd expect. I've never had any issues with them unless they get wet from whatever reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie erskine
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
Good to hear someone gets so many hours out of their cards. However, perhaps I should have mentioned I have kids. Twins in fact, so I have a greater need than some to protect them a little more.
Plus, for me, it's not just the protection, but the feel factor. You spend so much on them and yet they feel so cheap. I think the cards would seem much nicer to hold once laminated.

Had anyone tried this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.