Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I was wondering what Codex-specific info is included in the Kill Team box for the Space Marines. I saw that the build/paint book has some data sheets, and that there is a formation in the Kill Team book itself. Is all this only geared toward playing Raven Guard? Or are there Chapter Tactics, etc. for other Chapters?

I am wondering because I do not own the Space Marine codex but would be interested in trying them out. Just not sure I want to do Raven Guard because I can't draw the fancy bird very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Requete wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering what Codex-specific info is included in the Kill Team box for the Space Marines. I saw that the build/paint book has some data sheets, and that there is a formation in the Kill Team book itself. Is all this only geared toward playing Raven Guard? Or are there Chapter Tactics, etc. for other Chapters?

I am wondering because I do not own the Space Marine codex but would be interested in trying them out. Just not sure I want to do Raven Guard because I can't draw the fancy bird very well.

I'm not looking at the rules right now, but if I remember correctly it just has the stats for the minis included in the Kill Team box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess what I'm wondering is whether you have to play the Space Marines as Raven Guard (assuming you have this box and nothing else), or if you can play them with the included material as Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer my own question, since I went out and bought the thing (good value, actually), the only Space Marine chapter info in the box is for Raven Guard. So if you buy Kill Team and do not own the Space Marine codex, you can field the space marines therein using the Raven Guard special rules.

I guess you could paint them as a different chapter but still use the Raven Guard rules, or just not use chapter tactics at all. I don't mind the look of Raven Guard except the complicated bird design on their shoulder pad does not exist as a regular waterslide transfer. You have to order a special one from Forge World apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.