Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Star Realms Masters Series, Fleets Discipline!

This is the main competition thread for the Fleets Discipline, while there will be plenty of information contained here, additional information can be found in the main thread, and the discipline qualification thread:

Star Realms Masters Series – main discussion & announcement thread
Star Realms Masters Series – Fleets, registration & qualification

The Fleets Discipline is centered on competition using the Crisis: Fleets & Fortresses digital expansion and the original Base Set for this season. Players who have qualified for the discipline should subscribe to this thread, as well as leave a thumbs-up.

The qualifier and starter tournaments are both played as type-F, while the crossover tournaments on the circuit for this discipline will be type-HF, type-1F, type-GF, type-BF, and type-EF. There are six chances to earn an entry into the Mastery Invitational, by winning the starter tournament, or finishing top-3 in any of the crossover tournaments. All discipline qualifiers will participate in the Mastery Open tournament. Both halves of the Mastery tournament will be played as type-F.

Qualifier Tournament
If you are here legitimately, it means that you have already qualified, and this part of the competition is behind you. You would have earned 2 trophy points as a group winner, or 1 trophy point if you tied for the win.

Starter Tournament
The qualifiers will also move on to the second stage of the tournament, which will be the discipline starter tournament, a double elimination tournament. As with the other double elimination tournaments in the masters series, matches in the top bracket will be played as best-of-3 games, while matches in the losers bracket will be played as single-games. This is to keep the lower bracket on pace with the upper. The winner of the losers bracket will play the winner of the winners bracket in a best-of-five, with a one game advantage given to the upper player. The winner receives 3 trophy points, second and third place each earn 2 trophy points, fourth through eighth each earn 1 trophy point.

Fleets Qualifier/Starter - Challonge Page

Crossover Tournaments
Each crossover tournament will be a double-elimination tournament that qualifiers from two separate disciplines will come together to compete in. As with the starter tournament, matches in the top bracket will be played as best-of-3 games, while matches in the losers bracket will be played as single-games, and the final match will be played as a lop-sided best-o-five. The winner receives 4 trophy points, second and third place each earn 3 trophy points, fourth through eighth each earn 2 trophy point, and ninth through sixteenth all receive 1 trophy point. Participants who have qualified for both disciplines will receive the full amount of rewarded trophy points toward their ranking in both disciplines.

Heroes & Fleets Crossover - Challonge Page

Mastery Tournament
Both halves of the mastery tournament are single elimination, and matches will be played as best-of-three games by default. Entry into the Invitational half requires winning the Starter tournament, or finishing in the Top-3 of any of the Crossover tournaments. Accepting the invitation will also cost some amount of trophy points, probably 3, reducing the advantage the player might otherwise appreciate in the Open half of the tournament. In the Open half of the tournament, advantages will be given to players who have accumulated more trophy points than their opponents. The specific details are yet known, but in general, matches where one player has some threshold more trophy points than their opponent will be played as a lop-sided best-of-five series. The result of using this advantage, or surviving the disadvantage, may cause an adjustment to the trophy point total of the winning player. The idea is to place an appropriate level of importance on performance in earlier tournaments, while still allowing any qualifier a reasonable chance at winning the mastery.

Tentative Calendar
Qualifier tournament - Nov-03
Starter tournament - at completion of qualifier
The Circuit
Crossover tournament 1 - Nov-28
Crossover tournament 2 - Dec-08
Crossover tournament 3 - Dec-20
Crossover tournament 4 - Jan-02
Crossover tournament 5 - Jan-13
Mastery Open tournament - Feb-09
Mastery Invitational - Feb-16

Quick Navigation: [ Gambits | Promos | Bases | Events | Heroes | Fleets ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleets Discipline Standings

Participants TP | Fq Fs Hx Px Gx Bx Ex
------------ -- | -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Arcesius 3 | 1 2*
DarthBinkly 3 | 2 1*
Magnetic 3 | 2 1*
Cfudge 2 | 1 1*
GodURmyall 2 | 0 2*
mrsMacLeod 2 | 1 1*
AgentSeto 2 | 2 0
AJEddy 2 | 2 0
Ciago 2 | 2 0
DarthChronos 2 | 2 0
Ominous 2 | 2 0
ColinMacLeod 1 | 1 0
CrankyDay 1 | 1 0
dommola 1 | 1 0
jaiihawk 1 | 0 1
neocow 1 | 1 0
tiggers 1 | 0 1
Wheels 1 | 1 0
benjo 0 | 0 0
Darklighter 0 | 0 0
Horowits 0 | 0 0
SarahT 0 | 0 0

*still active in Fleets Starter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleets Discipline Results

Qualifier - Group A: Wheels and CrankyDay tie.
Qualifier - Group B: Arcesius and mrsMacLeod tie.
Qualifier - Group C: DarthChronos wins, Darklighter qualifies.
Qualifier - Group D: Cfudge and neocow tie.
Qualifier - Group E: AgentSeto wins, benjo qualifies.
Qualifier - Group F: ColinMacLeod and dommola tie.
Qualifier - Group G: Ciago wins, Horowits qualifies.
Qualifier - Group H: Ominous wins, tiggers qualifies.
Qualifier - Group I: AJEddy wins, GodURmyall qualifies.
Qualifier - Group J: DarthBinkly wins, SarahT qualifies.
Qualifier - Group K: Magnetic wins, jaiihawk qualifies.

Starter Tournament - 1st:
Starter Tournament - 2nd:
Starter Tournament - 3rd:
Starter Tournament - 4th:
Starter Tournament - 5th: jaiihawk and
Starter Tournament - 7th: tiggers and
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fleets discipline Starter Tournament has begun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jaiihawk jaiihawk
msg tools
Group K should have jaiihawk qualifying - you have mrsMacLeod also qualifying in group B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Starter tournament has been progressing decently well. Here are the earliest round matches remaining:

Losers Round 2: Ciago vs. MsMacLeod
Losers Quarters: AgentSeto vs. winner of above
Losers Quarters: Darklighter vs. Cfudge
Losers Quarters: DarthBinkly vs. ColinMacLeod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes & Fleets crossover is live.

There are 11 players representing only the Heroes discipline, show them why Fleets is the best! There are also 11 dual-discipline players who's dominance must be stopped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Edmunds
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@tiggers

I mistakenly sent you a Bases-Fleets challenge first. Please ignore that one...maybe we can play for funzies after our Heroes-Fleets match. I also sent you a challenge for that. I just played my turn on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AJEddy wrote:
@tiggers

I mistakenly sent you a Bases-Fleets challenge first. Please ignore that one...maybe we can play for funzies after our Heroes-Fleets match. I also sent you a challenge for that. I just played my turn on that one.

Yeah, I noticed that. I accepted it quickly without reading the format. BF for fun. HF for real!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've challenged ColinMacLeod twice more for this tournament in addition to the slowly ongoing game and one in reserve we have for F.

Are you willing to play them all at once rather than one at a time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Darth Binkly wrote:
I've challenged ColinMacLeod twice more for this tournament in addition to the slowly ongoing game and one in reserve we have for F.

Are you willing to play them all at once rather than one at a time?

Binkly and I took care of our Fleets' Losers Bracket match. We're on Game 2 of the HaveFun Crossover tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottom half of the loser's bracket is done in fleets. Top half seems to be waiting on the second round match between Ciago and mrsMacLeod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Ciago should be back from his honeymoon now; I'd expect that game to wrap up soon enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciago
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:
Yeah. Ciago should be back from his honeymoon now; I'd expect that game to wrap up soon enough.

Just got back. Challenge accepted, opponent has yet to take the first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.