GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 102.57

6,460 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Viper .
msg tools
Poll
Which one of these games will be best and why?
Which one of these games will be best and why?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Deep Madness
25.0% 6
Pantheon
50.0% 12
The Edge
12.5% 3
Forbidden Fortress
12.5% 3
Voters 24
This poll is now closed.   24 answers
Poll created by Viper5121
Closes: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
Up with goats! Down with sheep!
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Fortress: Because it uses alliteration in the title. (I've never heard of any of these games.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted the The Edge because it has a cool name.....I have no idea what these games are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, I'm cooler than both of you then, cos I've heard of one of them...(Deep Madness, I know it has miniatures, and..well - thats it)

Clearly the best is Forbidden Fortress, cos of the alliteration, and also because it has the most letters, which I've just decided is important to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
Up with goats! Down with sheep!
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out it is Flying Frogs' Forbidden Fortress. Too bad it isn't by Friedmann Friese, since that would win everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Other than being Kickstarters with miniatures you're not even comparing like games. Two are skirmish based and two are dungeon crawlers.

Mythic Battles: Pantheon reimplements Mythic Battles which has a rating of 7.1. Where the old version was chits on a board, this version uses miniatures. It has some solo (co-op?) gameplay, but there's not a lot of details. As a bonus, there's talks that the gameplay will have some cross-over with Conan.

The Edge: Dawnfall is a new skirmish game by Michał Oracz who designed Cry Havoc (7.9), Neuroshima Hex! (7.4), and more. Additionally, this will have some solo and co-op play.

Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress is Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients/Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death (8.1/8.2) with a Feudal Japan theme instead of the wild west. New game will integrate with prior games, so you can have cowboys in Japan or samurai in the wild west.

Deep Madness is an underwater, horror, dungeon crawl by a new designer and publisher. It's effectively one of those miniature heavy Kickstarters with a cool theme and a whole lot of unknowns.

Based on prior games, I'd say The Edge: Dawnfall or Forbidden Fortress is the better game. Which is better depends on what type of game you want to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaultBoy wrote:
Mythic Battles: Pantheon reimplements Mythic Battles which has a rating of 7.1.

We're not talking about Pantheon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
RingelTree wrote:
Turns out it is Flying Frogs' Forbidden Fortress. Too bad it isn't by Friedmann Friese, since that would win everything.

Flying Frog and Friedmann Friese need to do a collaboration pronto.

The correct answer is Kingdom Death: Monster, failing that, Feudum.

Failing that, The Edge reminds me of BattleLore, which I think is alright. If the minis came in more variety than robot, demon and boobs, and there was more information on the campaign stuff, I'd be more tempted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
VaultBoy wrote:
Mythic Battles: Pantheon reimplements Mythic Battles which has a rating of 7.1.

We're not talking about Pantheon?

My guess is no, based on the other games in the poll all being Kickstarters with miniatures. Also, I'm factoring in that 2 of the other games have their name shortened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
Failing that, The Edge reminds me of BattleLore, which I think is alright. If the minis came in more variety than robot, demon and boobs, and there was more information on the campaign stuff, I'd be more tempted.

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Silveira
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm backing all 4 currently, so I'm hoping all of them will be great in their own way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.