Subject: Encounter of the 4th die rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a small question for you guys:

Let's say you already have 2 "Threat Detected" dice up on your scanners.
Then, on your next roll you get 2 new "Threat Detected" dice.
Do you add the 3rd one in your scanners, pick a new threat card and discard the 4th die?

Or do you keep the 4th die and place it in the now empty scanners, once the threat card has been played and the 3 other dice go back to the "Returned" zone?

You could actually roll more the just a 3rd and 4th die.... but same questions anyway.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
metabulis wrote:
Or do you keep the 4th die and place it in the now empty scanners, once the threat card has been played and the 3 other dice go back to the "Returned" zone?

That one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mir
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This game just not let up with pressure..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
metabulis wrote:

That one.

Man... I've been taking it easy then. Crap!

That is making it even more difficult. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mace92 wrote:
This game just not let up with pressure..

When Star Trek the Dice Game was inspired by DSD6, this was one of the rules they changed. In that game any unused "threat detected" dice are all discarded and the scanners are cleared. I like that rule better.

I almost feel like we should have a bunch of these rules that we switch in and out depending on our skill level and how hard we want the game. Winning too much? Swap some in. Never winning? Swap some out. Manage the threat yourself, making the game easier or harder as pleases you. Essentially it's just fancier solitaire that is more fun that flipping ordinary playing cards right? Each rule option could have a "difficulty add level" associated with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.