Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a doubt about the first round of the game, because it seems us that there is a double reading possible.

I've always played that in turn, on the first round, each player chooses where to spawn discarding a powerup card.
After that, the first player plays his first full round (move/grab/shoot ×2).

My friend reads the rules as if the first player deceides where to spawn and immediately has a full turn (move/grab ×2, as there is no one to shoot). Then the second player spawns and has a turn, and so on.

What is the correct interpretation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The first player plays their spawn card and then takes their 2 actions, usually picking stuff up twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So nobody else is on the board yet?

Meaning first players spawns, takes his turn.

Then second players spawns and takes his turn. Now both are on the board

Then third and so on...

Just wanted to make sure I got this right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baelrath wrote:
So nobody else is on the board yet?

Meaning first players spawns, takes his turn.

Then second players spawns and takes his turn. Now both are on the board

Then third and so on...

Just wanted to make sure I got this right.

Correct. Just remember to re-fill weapons and ammo after each players turn (usually one weapon and one ammo tile).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you got it right. It seem penalizing on the first player, who cannot shoot in the first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
Yes, you got it right. It seem penalizing on the first player, who cannot shoot in the first round.

Players may usually avoid being shot at during the first round by moving to another room instead of grabbing ammo. Choices...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Miller
United States
Hoover
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
Faso74it wrote:

Penalizing? Sure. Balancing? Sure.

The first player has the potential to take his pick from up to 6 weapons on the board (if they draw two different color spawn point options) as well as grab ammo for a future reload. If the other two players decide to pick up a weapon and shoot the first player before his next turn, they would not have been able to pick up the additional ammo needed to reload and they will be sitting ducks while the first player gets the potential to shoot twice in a row (once in his 2nd turn with a gun he bought, once in his 3rd turn with the same gun reloaded at the end of his 2nd turn). Meanwhile, the other players will have to obtain ammo and reload at the end of their 2nd turn...so by time they can shoot again in their 3rd turn, the first player will have had the opportunity to shoot twice and potentially move out of the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mitchell for your reply.
You're right, as long as the random elements of the game fall in line.
If you don't draw two different coloured cards at the start you can only choose among 3 weapons; you must be able to collect the right ammo: in the first round of the game you can only move once and grab, so your ammo choices are limited.
Anyway I see your point and it's convincing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Miller
United States
Hoover
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
Faso74it wrote:
Thanks Mitchell for your reply.
You're right, as long as the random elements of the game fall in line.
If you don't draw two different coloured cards at the start you can only choose among 3 weapons; you must be able to collect the right ammo: in the first round of the game you can only move once and grab, so your ammo choices are limited.
Anyway I see your point and it's convincing.

While it's true that it's possible to only have a choice of 3 guns in a game, the first player will likely have access to multiple ammo box options. It's also important to remember that the first time you buy a weapon you don't have to pay the top ammo listed, so the ammo requirements aren't as hard to make happen as you might think. It's still based on random draws...but I'd argue that the odds are favorable.

Either way, it's a good discussion to be had. :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.