Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Variants

Subject: The infinity survivor (Savior Variant) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Lennon
United States
New York
flag msg tools
The idea behind this is not fully developed that is why I'm posting it here.
The infinity survivor is born when a savior gives birth to a savior.
An infinity survivor has unlimited movement, accuracy, strength, and evasion.
The savior that birthed the infinity survivor cannot be nominated for intimacy again.
The infinity survivor must fight in the showdown alone and cannot have any gear in their gear grid.

This is where I start to get a little messed up. I would like to do a couple things to make sure this keeps the kdm feel of overwhelming odds. I've game tested a couple of things but I figured I would turn here for ideas. Some things I was considering:
The infinity cannot gain insanity.
The infinity cannot be knocked down.
When the infinity rolls on the brain trauma table I they roll 2d10 and take the average.
The infinity can only gain 2 insanity.

Obviously not all of these ideas will make the cut, but if you have any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you trying to accomplish? I don't get the point...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blaine French

Temple
Texas
msg tools
lennoncc wrote:
The idea behind this is not fully developed that is why I'm posting it here.
The infinity survivor is born when a savior gives birth to a savior.
An infinity survivor has unlimited movement, accuracy, strength, and evasion.
The savior that birthed the infinity survivor cannot be nominated for intimacy again.
The infinity survivor must fight in the showdown alone and cannot have any gear in their gear grid.

This is where I start to get a little messed up. I would like to do a couple things to make sure this keeps the kdm feel of overwhelming odds. I've game tested a couple of things but I figured I would turn here for ideas. Some things I was considering:
The infinity cannot gain insanity.
The infinity cannot be knocked down.
When the infinity rolls on the brain trauma table I they roll 2d10 and take the average.
The infinity can only gain 2 insanity.

Obviously not all of these ideas will make the cut, but if you have any ideas I would love to hear them.

Basically the monster will only hit you on 10's and you'll hit and wound on 2's. Failing to see how this fits into KDM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
What I like in this idea is the concept of Savior who's parent is another Savior becomes a very rare and special being. That's cool and rare and I can see it becoming something.

But the concept of him beeing a Super-Sayan with unlimited powers and movements is something that does not suit KD imo.

I wouldn't go with unlimited attributes.

You should develop a very different set of skills and not forget to put some drawbacks also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mb
Agreed, if a Savior births a Savior why not just let them choose two dreams. Thats powerful enough as it is for your variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and double the downsides of having two dreams
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.