Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's a picture of the original edition of the Awful Green Things from the 1979 Dragon magazine.

I must have lost a gas grenade counter along the way because I made a replacement back in the depths of time.

I had a lot of fun playing this as a teenager and now that it's found and I have all the pieces I'm gonna play again soon.

Did the rules change much between this version and version 8? Is there an online pdf of the latest rules? Found them http://www.sjgames.com/awfulgreen/img/rules.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have/had the original magazine edition somewhere. I also picked up the TSR long box some years later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules have changed a little bit with the latest version. I think only one or two points changed. Not sure which anymore. Otherwise its the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Remember that later editions have the "Outside The Znutar" and some other later magazine goodies added, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Think only the early TSR versions didnt include the "Outside" rules?

Otherwise my 84 edition is overall the same as the 2014 version.

One change thats been discussed in older threads here was that some of the items moved location or number slightly early on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.