Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The campaign really stalled out after the initial rush. I'm worried it won't reach the $1 million mark and I'll have a tough decision to make regarding keeping my shogun pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could see the future I'd be rich, heck I'd be a super hero! I can't but if I were a betting man I would put money on it reaching a million. But you don't have to make a decision now anyways. Come back and see in 2 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be fine and I'd be surprised if it doesn't hit 1 million. A lot of people are dithering after the initial $5 off early birds. But I bet a lot of them will come back in the last 48 hours.

Personally I'll be happy if they hit 800k since the Otherworld is far more useful then 1 epic enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:
The campaign really stalled out after the initial rush. I'm worried it won't reach the $1 million mark and I'll have a tough decision to make regarding keeping my shogun pledge.

ALL campaigns heavily stall in the middle. Look at kicktraq.com for huge projects like Zombicide: Black Plague. You'll see this is perfectly normal and does not imply a poor finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
mb
If you had spent any money, or indeed invested anything other than your hopes and dreams for a game, you could be worried... As it is, no need to worry, just wait and see, and when it comes to the last few days of the KS, if you're not happy with how things look, THEN cancel.

There's still three weeks till it ends. A lot can happen in that time. This is a busride where you won't have to actually pay until we reach the destination!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
difficult to tell, but if it follows the normal pattern, then 1million should in fact be easy to reach.

lots of people are on the fence and wait for the last moment to decide and some being a bit negative and trying to arm-wrestle FFP, this is actually normal mid-campaign behaviour.

but they will eventually realise that the pledges still give a better amount than buying retail, even with discounts, so will increase their pledges.
and once it starts picking up as new content is unlocked it will snowball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
It will be fine and I'd be surprised if it doesn't hit 1 million. A lot of people are dithering after the initial $5 off early birds. But I bet a lot of them will come back in the last 48 hours.

Personally I'll be happy if they hit 800k since the Otherworld is far more useful then 1 epic enemy.

The problem is that only Shogun backers will recieve this Otherworld. And if we will not hit Dragon, many Sumo backers can drop their pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe the 800k stretch goal won't be enough to unlock the whole deluxe expansion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Nope, i think it will drop even more.

Reasons:

Kingdom death monster 2.0 ks soon;
The newest cmon game ks soon;
The people expect more from the shogun pledge but they will not get it so it will drop even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Probably not. It's been stuck at 675 for days now.

It's a shame, it could be a lot more awesome than it currently is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Banemus wrote:

Reasons:

The people expect more from the shogun pledge but they will not get it so it will drop even more.

this doesnt necessarily mean a drop for SOB
different games, different tastes and all that.

regarding cmon, ive been unimpressed with their massive darkness campaign, ver few good game mechanics, just plastic but no impressive sculpts.
i feel by moments their games overall feel soulless ie very few depth in gameplay.
good for casual players but not for those that like more "meat", they will have to try harder to convince me but at least it wouldnt stop my sob pledge at all.
and given their increasing rate of KS campaigns, they will choke people and lose interest.

also, given the different funding period, people can actually use their next paycheck for those campaigns so there is no forced choice, they can back several if they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Angelsenior wrote:
Banemus wrote:

Reasons:

regarding cmon, ive been unimpressed with their massive darkness campaign, ver few good game mechanics, just plastic but no impressive sculpts.
i feel by moments their games overall feel soulless ie very few depth in gameplay.
good for casual players but not for those that like more "meat", they will have to try harder to convince me but at least it wouldnt stop my sob pledge at all.
and given their increasing rate of KS campaigns, they will choke people and lose interest.

also, given the different funding period, people can actually use their next paycheck for those campaigns so there is no forced choice, they can back several if they want.

you want more meat? alright. Try kingdom death then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Banemus wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:
Banemus wrote:

Reasons:

you want more meat? alright. Try kingdom death then.

except the theme doesnt do it for me and i doubt it really has more meat than SOB, it doesnt look like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Banemus wrote:

Reasons:

This is exactly my opinion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
yury1975 wrote:
ScottE wrote:

The problem is that only Shogun backers will recieve this Otherworld. And if we will not hit Dragon, many Sumo backers can drop their pledges.

Of course it's only included with Shogun - that's what you're paying for with the Shogun pledge.

Sumo can get this OW if they want as an Add-On once the stretch goal is reached.

andvice wrote:
I believe the 800k stretch goal won't be enough to unlock the whole deluxe expansion...

The Frogs said in the comments (somewhere) that this was the entire retail expansion, including models. They were going to reveal the details later (we haven't even gotten to the goal yet). But we do know the spectral horde will go in the FotD OW (hence no Sumo Add-On for that one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It didn't look to me like there was much of anything kickstarter exclusive aside from an alt model and one character. The first games had some balance issues from what I've read as well. Why is the interest so strong here? What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wonder if the dismal US Presidential election results will have an effect. It's already disrupted global markets. If you're worried about the future, you'll spend less money on expensive boardgames.

I'm struggling with my own level of apathy now, whereas up til now I was super excited about the KDM reboot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
It didn't look to me like there was much of anything kickstarter exclusive aside from an alt model and one character. The first games had some balance issues from what I've read as well. Why is the interest so strong here? What am I missing?

some people actually prefer less exclusives, the KS is more about discount and getting it as a package

the range of exploration possibilities and encounters makes it a very fun game, its bigger than the sum of its parts.
sure its highly random but also makes every game so much more different and there are not many tactical wild/weird west (and now samurai) theme games out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

some people actually prefer less exclusives, the KS is more about discount and getting it as a package

the range of exploration possibilities and encounters makes it a very fun game, its bigger than the sum of its parts.
sure its highly random but also makes every game so much more different and there are not many tactical wild/weird west (and now samurai) theme games out there.

I agree. I prefer no exclusives. I was just surprised at the level of interest and was wondering if I had missed something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:
I wonder if the dismal US Presidential election results will have an effect.

I think the effect is more that Deep Madness and Mythic Battles are better deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

I think the effect is more that Deep Madness and Mythic Battles are better deals.

I hope you aren't looking at price per miniature and at game play and replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
I hope you aren't looking at price per miniature and at game play and replayability.

Why not? What am I missing???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

You can't just compare weight/number of components to price. Design & art costs need to be considered. Plus print runs. Your price per unit is much less on bigger runs. You can't just pile the minis are a scale and declare the value!

EDIT- Also, HIPS is more expensive then the softer PVC plastic. Hobbyists generally like the better plastic but that costs the publisher more money. So, again, you can't just compare number of minis. Kingdom Death Monster would be a better comparison since they use the more expensive material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
So, again, you can't just compare number of minis. Kingdom Death Monster would be a better comparison since they use the more expensive material.

Getting OT, but I can't paint up to KD:M standard, so CMON and Monolith work for me. I just opened up my Conan box from Monolith and the darker grey miniatures have *really* good detail, as good as CMON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
ScottE wrote:
So, again, you can't just compare number of minis. Kingdom Death Monster would be a better comparison since they use the more expensive material.

Getting OT, but I can't paint up to KD:M standard, so CMON and Monolith work for me. I just opened up my Conan box from Monolith and the darker grey miniatures have *really* good detail, as good as CMON.

FFP have been pushing the SoB as a hobbyist game so I think that's why you see the higher prices. I will admit their miniature prices are high when you check them out on the webstore. I'm so glad I got an original Mine Cart since I saved a fortune. And the new campaign will be much cheaper then waiting for retail. But if you compare directly the hard miniature count, the other guys will be cheaper. Now when the new KDM KS starts up I will be shocked if it isn't way higher then what Forbidden Fortress is going for. They definitely will be targeting the (flush with cash) hobbyist modelers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.