$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.2% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason of FFP Came onto the Kickstarter boards at about noon on Nov 8 to answer some questions. You could tell he was trying to answer as many as he could.

Below is copies of some of the responses regarding add-ons I found most interesting...

FFP - Kickstarter Nov8 wrote:

“Hey Jason, can we expect another social SG or some paid add-ons soon?” – We are working on the Add-ons aspect of things right at now.

“besides social sharing what can we do to help you reach 1m in the next few days? Got anything from your web store we can buy through the KS to help counteract feeling that there's a lull and keep the excitement going?” – We are working on a few things to open it up a bit more, especially focusing on opening the Add-ons up a bit. More on that soon.

“Do you guys plan to include any more Kickstarter exclusives in this campaign?” – Unlikely that there will be any additional ‘Exclusives’ for this project, just more content, Add-ons, and SGs.

“A new Sumo+ plus level was suggested that included a set number of Add-ons for $200.... Thoughts?” – We are working on the Add-on structure right now which might make that unecessary.

“Shogun here. I have at least $200 more to spend on this campaign. How are you going to get that cash from my hands ;-)” – Ha! ;P Well, we have some ‘Pimp out your game’ style Add-ons that you might be interested in coming soon!

“Any chance of a Forbidden Fortress version of the Doorways into Darkness expansion?” – Could be

And here are some other things of interest that Jason talked about / answered questions about. Many of these I am more excited about than the add-ons. I'm pretty happy with what FFP is offering already. Do I WANT more? Sure...of course, who doesn't. But all in all I'm happy with what's on the table for Forbidden Fortress.

FFP - Kickstarter Nov 8 wrote:

“Hi Jason, will you anounce the add-ons which will be able at the PledgeManager at the front page so people can adjust their pledges?” – We will have to see how things progress during the campaign.

“I would like to know if there would be a possibility of purchasing stretch goals that we did not meet (like the last Kickstarter)” – We will have to see where things end at.

“FFP webstore Exclusive
"East meets West Supplement Pack"
Includes Wandering Samurai (and alt gender from previous KS)
Wandering Renegade (and alt gender)
4-6 tiles (Western town/Eastern town)
30+ cards
3 Missions (that double up)” – More on that type of thing to come!

“what is one new mechanic in FoFo that you are especially excited about?” – I think that Barriers are going to be a lot of fun. Those are thicker White Lines surrounding certain spaces on the Map Tiles that models can see through but not move through unless they are allowed to move through other models. This represents Tengu flying down from Rooftops or perching on high, or perhaps Ninjas being able to scale walls to traverse different areas of the board that other models would take longer to reach or not be able to get to.
Also, the Enemies have a lot of cool new abilities, such as the Dishonored Dead, when killed (or sometimes placed by Encounters) leave a Corpse Token on the board, that can later potentially rise back up to re-join the fight! Of course there are ways for the Heroes to destroy these Corpses to prevent the Undead fro, coming back (especially the Sorceress, Kitsune, and Traveling Monk).

“any future plans to expand out SOB to other areas/eras of the world? African or European per chance? I know this is a LONG time down the road, just curious about what you might have planned long term.” – Can’t say anything on that just yet, but I am a big fan of 1880s Victorian London ;P

“How exactly is the Daimyo going to work?” – He starts each game with Ashigaru Allies to command and control and has several abilities to give his Allies and other Heroes bonuses. Can’t go into too much detail just yet, but that is the main idea.

"One of my favorite expansions to SoB was the Frontier town. It added needed variety to our SoB campaign. Is there a similar expansion planned for Forbidden Fortress?” – Can’t say too much on that just yet, but we will see how far the KS Campaign goes. ;P

“Is the monk very different from the preacher? Will we get another "pet class" like the Daimyo (a spirit necromancer maybe?)” – The monk is a bit more of a combat fighter and protector than the Preacher. Les spell casting and more Auras and things.

FFP answered alot more than what I have copied here. As I said earlier, these are just some of the snippets I found most interesting.

I post them here for informations sake and for a nice (hopefully) civil discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The Victorian London idea would be really interesting. Hopefully that's their next plan after Japan.

I will say the new classes are very interesting. Both the Sumo and Daimyo look cool.

And that East meets West pack, was that what FFP posted or was that a request from a backer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm hoping that if they do Victorian London, it's a steampunk version. That'd be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
And that East meets West pack, was that what FFP posted or was that a request from a backer?

East meets west was posted by a backer but FFP commented with - More on that type of thing to come...

So they have something planned for it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the first of the add-ons. It's worth mentioning that Kickstarter seems to be dealing with a bug. If you have one of the timed Early Bird (EB) pledges, apparently you can't up your pledge.

This could be problematic for FFP since an early bird Sumo could not upgrade to a Shogun pledge and anyone who has early bird can't update to add the add-ons.

(how do I make this larger by default?)

Cheers All
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Allen
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can update your EB pledge via the app, so there is a work around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I meant to come back and post that. Thanks!

One of the Kickstarter posters also has a ticket logged with the KS support team. In the meantime it is a barrier with a workaround.

I already have Darkstone from the first Kickstarter, but I'm probably going to pick up a few sets of dice...just need to figure out which ones

athurdent wrote:
You can update your EB pledge via the app, so there is a work around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest Developments for the Forbidden Fortress. Late on Nov 9 or Early Nov 10.

The shipping for Add-ons are now EU, UK and AUS friendly and they are working on also making it Canadian Friendly (yay!). For my part, if they make it Canadian Friendly I'm picking up some extra dice, for sure.

The Kickstarter Page has been re-designed and cleaned up. Looks much better.

Add-ons are better represented as a "menu" (FFP's words not mine).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFP - Forbidden Fortress Update #8 wrote:

We are excited to announce Canada-Friendly Shipping! This includes both for the Pledge Rewards as well as all extra Add-Ons. Our friends to the North, rejoice - we've got you covered!

WooHoo!

I already used the kickstarter app to add some $$$ to my pledge to get me some extra dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-
Update #9 (Not sure why I keep posting these here...but I am going to continue to do so)

FFP - Forbidden Fortress Update #9 wrote:

Trederran Veteran Hero Class

Hailing from the war-torn alien world of Trederra, this veteran soldier of the Trederran Legionnaires is a survivor of countless engagements on the toxic battlefields and blown out ruins of his home. Growing weary of the never-ending wars, and realizing the true power of evil looming beyond the shadows, he has left his world to join in the fight against the real Darkness that threatens all worlds.

In search of adventure, and perhaps riches, he has answered the call to become not just a soldier of Trederra…but a Hero.

And a closer look at the Scourge Dead

Scourge Dead

Rising from the battlefield, charred and still burning, the Scourge Dead are plague-ridden Ashigaru foot soldiers that have come back for vengeance! Spreading disease and setting things ablaze as they march through the halls of the Forbidden Fortress, or stagger through the dense trees in the Forest of the Dead, these skeletal warriors are relentless in their burning hatred for the living!

And...

We've also just added the OtherWorld: Trederra Deluxe Expansion to the Add Ons section for Forbidden Fortress backers who may want to add this exciting new world to their games. This expansion was part of the original Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter and is fully compatible with Forbidden Fortress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone just posted this on the Kickstarter comments and I thought it was interesting so I'm linking it here too.

This is a page that describes the different factions in the Trederran World.

Apparently the starting abilities of your Trederran hero are different depending on which faction you originate from. No word yet on alt. gender sculpt...if it's even a thing. Who know? They are alien after all...

http://www.flyingfrog.net/Preview/TrederraPreview_Page17.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a comment by the guys from FFP, but...

The bug with the EB pledges is fixed. I just upped my pledge with a nice sum because I want to include doors and dice...

Edit: typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More Updates

Just unlocked Undead Daimyo - Mini Boss

And reached a social goal to unlock the Magma Fiends of Cynder Enemy Pack

That is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.