27.7% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's not a lot he can do. But here's some of what I think is coming.

1) Pardon Hillary. An effort to keep this from hanging over us still
2) Declare a LOT of national parks and public lands. A quick federal land-grab
3) Hide the White House Gina so Trump can't sell it

But there really isn't anything he can do beyond this, is there? Is there an executive order he could force through? A last-ditch appeal to get his SCOTUS appointee in place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

But there really isn't anything he can do beyond this, is there? Is there an executive order he could force through? A last-ditch appeal to get his SCOTUS appointee in place?

1) Pardon Hillary... from what crime?

2) Yeah, National Parks are terrible. They're all a big land grab and not at all for the benefit and enjoyment of the people.

3) What?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

2) Yeah, National Parks are terrible. They're all a big land grab and not at all for the benefit and enjoyment of the people.

3) What?!

1) Does it even matter? With as much grief and baggage as she has, I think the national psyche needs something that will just make it all go away. I mean, Trump did threaten a special prosecutor. Do we want that? Do we need that?

2) While I agree that national parks and public lands are good, you don't think a last-minute rush to get as much of it as he can when many states in the mountain west are very much about land rights is somewhat shady?

3) The White House china... it's pronounces Gina. I'm sorry your disconsolate state has impaired your sense of humor on that one.

Rather than telling me how wrong I am, how about taking a shot at what you think the last two months of his presidency will look like in trying to brace the country for four years of Trump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
He'll pardon Hillary for the email crimes (even mishandling classified info is a felony, and that is her excuse in the best possible light), but far more interesting is how he will preemptively handle the Clinton foundation fraud. I think this might be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
mrspank wrote:

1) Does it even matter? With as much grief and baggage as she has, I think the national psyche needs something that will just make it all go away. I mean, Trump did threaten a special prosecutor. Do we want that? Do we need that?

Obama will pardon nothing, because that would prove to people that it wasn't all bullshit.

There won't be a special prosecutor; Trump will "pardon" her himself because it will make him look magnanimous, and he knows there's nothing there anyway.

GameCrossing wrote:
Rather than telling me how wrong I am, how about taking a shot at what you think the last two months of his presidency will look like in trying to brace the country for four years of Trump.

Nothing. Honestly, what would be the point in trying? If he can be blocked, he will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first person Trump will pardon is Trump - doesn't he still have to face a fraud trial?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
growlley wrote:
The first person Trump will pardon is Trump - doesn't he still have to face a fraud trial?

That's civil. Not criminal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Given my level of implication in the email scandal I'd be getting the hell out of dodge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
mrspank wrote:

I agree, it would be difficult to find one that stands out as particularly odious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Even when their candidate loses partisans can't even do an about face. Its fucking pathetic. There's no greater political disease than partisanism. Anyway, we get it, you're college educated. Big fucking whoop. You're still retarded anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.