Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this basically Omen with a different set of cards? Sort of like how the Valley of the Kings series are all stand alone games but can also be combined?

Or is it a totally different game altogether?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a condensed, and shuffled up, Omen.

There are all-new units who are similar to other units, but different enough tombe their own thing. I.E. Automatons are Beats, but instead of paykng the cost and discarding, you use them during Offering and get an ability.

The Cities are there own thing now. There are no Feats.

It is also able to be integrated into Oman base game with special rules for most formats.

*It is also an auto-back for any Omen lover*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"*It is also an auto-back for any Omen lover*"

Not this Omen Lover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Omen on a slightly different scale.

If you like the Original Omen, I think you'll also enjoy Omen: Edge of the Aegean.

There are still Feats, they're just tied to a specific Unit type: The Keres, and are referred to as Exalted cards. In some ways they are easier to pull off than the original Feats, in other ways they are more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:
"*It is also an auto-back for any Omen lover*"

Not this Omen Lover.

I'm curious, why is that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aegean isn't adding anything to Omen that I need.

After an admittedly quick perusal of the combined game, I came away feeling that adding Aegean simply added more setup and, presumably, more playing time to a title I unfortunately have a difficult time getting to the table as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad I read this. Its easier to remove my pledge then. Since backing omen the first time i haven't come around playing it. It is little bit to convoluted to teach someone, when for the same time investment you could teach them other games that are more appealing. There is such a fierce competition from games like, Mage Wars, Epic, Codex, star/hero realms and much more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm going to keep this as a separate game. Why? It's a smaller and more portable version of Omen. It's almost like a micro game just with more tokens (cards). I think this will go great with my micro game collection like Cypher, Lost Legacy, Coup and Control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
RayLancer wrote:
I think I'm going to keep this as a separate game. Why? It's a smaller and more portable version of Omen. It's almost like a micro game just with more tokens (cards). I think this will go great with my micro game collection like Cypher, Lost Legacy, Coup and Control.

This is my thought, no need to combine. The original is great as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.