Sara Grace
United States
Berkeley
Ca
flag msg tools
Gaaames!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So I missed the badge edit date, but I definitely can't go to BGG Con this year. Can I still sell my tickets? I assume it would just mean someone wanders around with my name.

I have two tickets to sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could last year. That person just has to show up with your e-mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash is running the waiting list, PM him, and they'll take care of all the work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonnyG wrote:
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash is running the waiting list, PM him, and they'll take care of all the work.

Not any more - the list is closed and Belash is done. From now on it's unregulated. From previous years, BGG allowed did not verify ID, just checked you have the email and a badge, so you could go in with a badge that wasn't changed to your name, allowing these late sales. However, that's dependent on no issues - if they have to go and check and find you are not the named badge holder they can do whatever they want.

Of course, this year it could all be different, so YMMV, IANAL, EAYOR, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
The official waiting list has closed as the badges have already been sent off for printing.

In other words badges can no longer be transferred.

In practicality though, we're not yet at the point of requiring photo id to pick up your badge, just the printed email. So if someone else shows up with your email, we won't know the difference. Unless there becomes any problems, like more than one person trying to pick up the same badge, needing to replace a wristband, bad behavior at the convention, etc. and then at that point we'll ask for photo-id and the parties involved, including the original name on the badge will be responsible and suffer any consequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.