$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Trump made his acceptance speech and kept it more than civil. Certainly everyone is meant to hope/think/believe that it will maybe not be so bad and why not? However interestingly his acceptance speech made no mention of a few key campaign promises: draining the DC swamp, imprisoning Hillary and of course the wall with Mexico. So here is the RSP poll

Poll
1. Do you believe the 'Trump Wall' will be built (at least started) under the new President?
Yes
No
2. Do you believe that building this wall is a good thing?
Yes and I voted Yes above
Yes but I voted No above
No but I voted Yes above
No and I voted No above
      121 answers
Poll created by TrustyJules

Updated to correct typo and mentin of poll in header

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems for the moment (allowing for the alleged liberal bias of RSP) that about 50% of all voters predict the wall will be built but ^far fewer (maybe 20%) think this is a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A physical barrier is hideously expensive, completely ineffectual as long as ladders and tunnels exist in the world, an environmental disaster in the making, and something that no one who actually lives near the border seems to think is remotely feasible.

I'm just shocked and appalled that anyone thinks otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
the pete wrote:
I'm just shocked and appalled that anyone thinks otherwise.

I take it you've never actually met a politician in the flesh. They would eat live babies on television if it assured them of another term in office. Logic is not their strong suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
TrustyJules wrote:
Seems for the moment (allowing for the alleged liberal bias of RSP) that about 50% of all voters predict the wall will be built but ^far fewer (maybe 20%) think this is a good thing.

Amusing portion highlighted.....

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be some kind of wall. Will it necessarily be a physical barrier that runs from ocean to ocean like the Great Wall of China? No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
TrustyJules wrote:

Poll
My confidence in polling right now is
higher than it's ever been
a little bit shaky
      34 answers
Poll created by Sky Knight X
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
TrustyJules wrote:

Amusing portion highlighted.....

Ferret

Hey I've got to be careful not to offend anyone on here :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
If we build the wall around Hillary that would kill two birds...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I voted no and no-- I think it will actually happen. It's one of his major platforms and while hideously expensive, it's a drop in the federal budget.

And it's like the ultimate vanity project. It will be called the Trump wall for the rest of history. Since it's comparable to the great wall of china, it will probably last past the u.s. government/country. Hundreds of years. It will never be effective but it can have gaping holes, bridges over it and tunnels under it and still be visible from space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
While I voted no and no-- I think it will actually happen. It's one of his major platforms and while hideously expensive, it's a drop in the federal budget.

And it's like the ultimate vanity project. It will be called the Trump wall for the rest of history. Since it's comparable to the great wall of china, it will probably last past the u.s. government/country. Hundreds of years. It will never be effective but it can have gaping holes, bridges over it and tunnels under it and still be visible from space.

Well it's either that wall... or putting the $20 billion or so that it will cost into something dumb like education or infrastructure. What a waste that would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No and no since Mexico will never pay for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

Probably not directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted No and no. I think stopping illegal immigration is good but building a wall is a stupid way to do it. Prosecute businesses that hire illegals will be the best way to stop them. Stop rewarding people for coming here illegally and punish them and those that aid them for doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
matthean wrote:

Probably not directly.

Trump backed off from saying they would pay for it to them paying us back. I wish him luck in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the outcome already seems to stabilise - taking into account BGG is not a cross section of society and that pollster have had it so wrong it looks like there is a higher percentage of persons expecting the wall to be built than ones that think its a good thing. Interesting times - had Bush been in power i would have gone long on Haliburton - who does Trump do construction business with? Just kidding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Knight X wrote:
Poll
My confidence in polling right now is
higher than it's ever been
a little bit shaky
      34 answers
Poll created by Sky Knight X

No option for the same as ever? Like, I was personally already aware that polling is not 100% accurate and should be taken with a grain of salt for any number of reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Portions of a border wall/fence have already been built. President Trump will expand those sections, but Congress will close the purse strings in short order. It will not be be finished during his first term; which will hurt his chances for a second (but not eliminate them).

The wall is ineffectual now and will be when Trump expands it and would be if it were ever completed from coast to coast. As a massive financial sinkhole, I'm against it. As a barrier to brown people, I say go ahead and build it. It will encourage innovation by those who may be affected by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.