Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently acquired a collection of cards and models cheap. Looks fun, great. There are some 70-75 cards and a fair amount of models (I did not count them, seems like there are plenty).

So I read the rules, specifically the setup, and it seems each player need some 30 cards and 30 points worth of ships. So I got enough for a 2-player game, lucky me : - )
But how on Earth do I create the 2 decks? I was expecting the cards to be "empire cards" and "rebel cards", but that does not seem to be the case. So I have to create the decks from same 70-card stack, making it hard to create 2 even decks.
I wonder, are there any deck builds online somewhere? Just something to give me a starting point to go from.

Also, and I know this is a rules question in the strategy forum, I hope this is ok, but for the deck building what do I do with the Build Stars on the cards? From what I can tell I need 30 cards (no matter the starts) and 30 Build Stars worth of ships. And since I have seen rare cards with 1 star and common cards with multiple stars I must assume that the build stars on the cards is not telling much about the strength of them(?).

Any help would be much appreciated. This looks like a fun little game, and I kind of want to get started blowing up stuff : - )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James K
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got into this game in 2008 but only found an online community in like 2011 or 2012 or so. The forum I used to visit does not seem to exist anymore though, so online resources are limited. I will address your issues as best I can.

Build Stars on cards: Any card can end up being an objective because they are placed face down. The build stars are the amount of reinforcements you get if that objective is destroyed.

As for building a deck, I have two options. Firstly, each card gives a flat +1 bonus to either attack, defense or damage based on the colour of the card. You can just build a deck based on those colours and stack them to give attack bonuses or whatnot.

If you want to go more complex, each model has a green and black symbol. Cards will give bonuses to vehicles with those symbols. Your job is really to just mix and match and hope for the best.

I had a fleet made up of 1* fighters where the idea was you just keep cycling through an endless supply of fighters. The battle cards say like "add 2* of units if you destroy something" or "place 2* of units in the contested zone". EDIT: Now I think about it, it was the objectives that did this. They were like "when this objective is revealed, add reinforcements". You have three of that card, then other cards that do similar.

I might be able to find some resources that I downloaded when I am home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the stars on the cards: I see I did not read the rules properly. Thanks again. Sometimes I do not "get" the rules fully until playing a game.

Regarding building, I was also thinking along the lines of how many objective cards to include in a deck. But I guess I can just try and see what happens.

In any case, after posting I found the Imperial Star Destroyer real cheap, and I am picking it up from the post office today. As I understand it, it has a 30-card deck which I assume is fully useable as one of the sides. That will give me some ideas about what to do, plus I can work on the opponent deck until I feel they are evenly matched.

Thanks agaain for your reply. Seems like not a lot of people are playing this anymore (or where there ever?). A shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James K
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The irony here is that I am a complete n00b myself in this game. I can count the number of games I have played on both hands. I don't even know all of the units or cards. I think I have made about three individual decks and fleets, never competed in a competition and was always asking for help in the other forum. I don't know where those others have ended up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth T'Tam
msg tools
mbmbmb
This seems to be the last community for the game, and it isn't exactly active. The SWPM facebook page is still running, but there isn't much stuff about the game there anymore.

If you have any more questions, I'm trying to browse these forums more regularly. I stopped after a couple months of inactivity, but I still browse other SWPM pages every so often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth T'Tam
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you need more help understanding the rules, there's a video on the official community site swpocketmodels.com . It's definitely worth checking out.

http://youtu.be/hvzol50_b20
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Klaren
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I'm glad you posted this. There aren't many of us, but I know my up and coming playgroup frequents this forum. We're working on our first "non-stater" decks right now. We're trying to figure out that balance of attack cards and objectives.

When you get around to playing post your decklist. I'd love to see what other people run as their deck + squads. I'll be sure to do the same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth T'Tam
msg tools
mbmbmb
I built 2 theme decks, one empire/republic themed, one Jedi themed. Basically, the jedi-themed one is fast and can hit objectives quickly, while the imperial one is powerful but slow, and has one 'order 66' card that will pretty much break the jedi fleet in a single shot. I haven't tested it yet, but I'll probably post it after a bit more tweaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.