BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Why do I feel... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett So
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why do I feel this morning like I just lost a real life game of Secret Hitler?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you've lost a Secret Hitler game, but you've won a hell of a rollercoaster ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, we've never actually tried fascism in the US before -- who knows, it might turn out that we like it.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fizolof wrote:
Maybe you've lost a Secret Hitler game, but you've won a hell of a rollercoaster ride.

A rollercoaster that only goes down is the best kind of roller coaster. That's how the stock market works, right? Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sexton
United States
Warren
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
fizolof wrote:

Said something similar to my wife and got a prompt punch in the arm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Moved from Secret Hitler to the Religion Sex and Politics forum.

This forum is largely unmoderated. If you choose to actively avoid topics of religion, sex, and/or politics or do not want to read or participate in an unmoderated thread please Unsubscribe now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harrison
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
evereh702 wrote:

You didn't loser Secret Hitler, she just didn't get elected! Isn't this great?! America is saved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
evereh702 wrote:

Was it really "secret" though? It seemed pretty obvious...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evereh702 wrote:

Welcome to Hell!

No, seriously, your thread just got RSP'ed. How does that make you feel? All icky inside? You should come hang out for a while. It gets rather weird and crazy down here in the dungeons of BGG. Not like the beatnick coffee haus forum that no one visits. Or that so-called "Chit-Chat" place where people make jokes about pancakes, bacon, and funny pictures. This place is the true dregs of respectable BGG society. I have been trying to leave for 8 years, but Obama made me stay and pay my penance until all was made right (Thanks, Obama!).

After what happened last night, plus the weird shit going on in the markets today, I feel like I have a "get out of this jail for free" card. But like a felon who has been in prison for so long that he doesn't understand what it is like outside, I just don't want to leave my home.

So c'mon, stay for a spell. You might like it.

Or you may go back to playing shitty games that contain the word "Hitler" in them.

(EDIT: Spelling correction for "respectable" - thanks, Grogs!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
chrisnd wrote:
evereh702 wrote:

Welcome to Hell!

No, seriously, your thread just got RSP'ed. How does that make you feel? All icky inside? You should come hang out for a while. It gets rather weird and crazy down here in the dungeons of BGG. Not like the beatnick coffee haus forum that no one visits. Or that so-called "Chit-Chat" place where people make jokes about pancakes, bacon, and funny pictures. This place is the true dregs of respectible BGG society. I have been trying to leave for 8 years, but Obama made me stay and pay my penance until all was made right (Thanks, Obama!).

After what happened last night, plus the weird shit going on in the markets today, I feel like I have a "get out of this jail for free" card. But like a felon who has been in prison for so long that he doesn't understand what it is like outside, I just don't want to leave my home.

So c'mon, stay for a spell. You might like it.

Or you may go back to playing shitty games that contain the word "Hitler" in them.

You forgot to tell him the RSP motto:

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
depending which issues your partisian about you might find RSP has an infestion of Christians\athiests or 'LIBERALS'\ 'DEPLORABALES' and not always mutally exclusive.

Never mind everybody geta warm welcome - ie sooner or later you get roasted and finally unlike the eagles song you can leave RSP , RSP just never leaves you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Why do I feel...small hands on YOU too?
At least in "Beatnik Coffee Haus" and "Chit Chat" we spelt 'respectable' "correctored!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
A thread was moved from Secret Hitler to RSP because it was too political? Heh, really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
growlley wrote:
depending which issues your partisian about you might find RSP has an infestion of Christians\athiests or 'LIBERALS'\ 'DEPLORABALES' and not always mutally exclusive.

Never mind everybody geta warm welcome - ie sooner or later you get roasted and finally unlike the eagles song you can leave RSP , RSP just never leaves you.
Hey man! SOME 'serial killer' made mention of his vile DEEDS onto Reviews of stuff he USED on his victims, with Eagles "song lyrics" interspersed within these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

You forgot to tell him the RSP motto:

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter

I proposed that a long time ago but used the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.