7,745 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Lev Matiushenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
For example, if there are only oil and nuclear plants on the current market, but the cheapest resourse on resourse market is coal, will robot ignore the auction until coal plant appears or it will choose between oil and uranium?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One argument for it meaning the cheapest resource among the available plants (instead of the cheapest resource of all 4 resources) is this:

In the first turn, every player must buy a plant. If the robot goes later in the turn and all available coal plants were bought and all available new replacement plants now are not coal, then the alternate interpretation would cause the robot to (illegally) not buy a plant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Matiushenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
You're saying that robot will ignore auction entirely only if:

1) it has >=2 plants capacity;
2) capacity of plants on current market is lower than the lowest of the robot's;
3) nominal value of plants on current market is lower than the lowest of the robot's;

otherwise the robot will bid according to tile rule, am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Univanger wrote:
You're saying that robot will ignore auction entirely only if:

1) it has >=2 plants capacity;
2) capacity of plants on current market is lower than the lowest of the robot's;
3) nominal value of plants on current market is lower than the lowest of the robot's;

otherwise the robot will bid according to tile rule, am I right?

I'm saying that the interpretation "robot ignores the auction until coal plant appears" seems less likely to me because it could cause a robot to illegally not put a plant up for auction in the first turn of the game. (In the first game turn, everyone must buy a plant.)

(Admittedly such situations maybe unlikely, but nonetheless possible.)

So I think "it will choose between oil and uranium" in case there is no coal plant up for auction, even if coal is cheaper than the other resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Matiushenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
So, first round is an exception or pattern for further robot behavior during further auctions?
I can't understand are you expressing your opinion on that matter or setting a rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(Sorry for the slow reply; I was away from BGG due to travel.)

Univanger wrote:
So, first round is an exception or pattern for further robot behavior during further auctions?
I can't understand are you expressing your opinion on that matter or setting a rule?

I'm expressing my opinion about which interpretation seems more likely to me to be the intended interpretation.

The interpretation which could oblige a robot to break the base game rule requiring everyone to buy a plant in the first round seems less likely to me. I suppose it was not intended to create that kind of rule paradox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The robot rules are vague. I have always taken this to be a way a rating the four plants. You look at the cost to fuel each plant. A wind plant is always zero. If coal costs 3 and oil costs 4, two oil is less than three coal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.