$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33.6% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
OK, so after talking my wife down from moving to Canada, and having a long conversation to my 7 year old son what is the consequence and reasoning for Trump getting elected and after hearing Trump's acceptance speech. Let's start looking forward.

My question is, what'll think he'll do? What does a Trump presidency mean to you?

These are what I think is a given.

1. ACA is probably toast, repealed and not replaced by anything really. So that is that. But what do you think that means for the people ON Obamacare?

2 The Wall. Well, that was a pandering pipe dream. Never gonna happen.

3. Supreme Court. Well, being they have the House, Senate, and Executive branch, I assuming new nominations will come quickly, and the nuclear option will quell filibustering. I assume the next nomination will be fairly Conservative, but the interesting conundrum is RBG. Can she, and will she hold out..or die.

4. Syria, ISIS. Ahhhh, here's where it'll get interesting. Trump has always said he doesn't like boots on the ground. What will he actually do?

The rest, Gay Marriage rollback, Abortion, and a whole lotta social issues that most Trump voters seemed to think he's the man for, what do you think he'll do.

Do you think he'll come out Guns a Blazin', as he has that capitol to do, OR are we going to get what Drew always claims, a Democrat in wolf's clothing?

Predictions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I agree, and unfortunately it won't be replaced by Universal which was my hope. The Trump Consequence: Pain and suffering for the poor.

2 The Wall. Well, that was a pandering pipe dream. Never gonna happen.

3. Supreme Court. I think she will hold out as long as physically possible. The Trump Consequence: Pain and suffering for RBG.

4. Syria, ISIS: Russian Mercenaries. Putin is happy to throw bodies into the grinder for cash, power and influence. His bride, Donald Trump-Putin, will help him and his lackey Assad roll across Syria. The Trump Consequence: Pain and suffering for the innocent muslims who will end up blaming us.

The rest, Gay Marriage rollback, Abortion, and a whole lotta social issues that most Trump voters seemed to think he's the man for, what do you think he'll do: Eh, these are all voter turn out issues, I don't think the GOp will try taht hard to fix any of them when they can be used to manipulate their voter base in 2 years. He'll bloviate a bit, blame a lack of progress on obstructionism and move on. The Trump Consequence: Pain and suffering for the social conservatives.

Do you think he'll come out Guns a Blazin', as he has that capitol to do, OR are we going to get what Drew always claims, a Democrat in wolf's clothing?:I think it's more likely that his pro-business agenda will start to roll over the American Worker pretty quickly. All the other red-flag waving stuff will die down. I do think he is a carpet-bagger in wolves clothing. We can fear the wolf, but it is what he is doing in the paperwork we should be more worried about. The Trump Consequence: Pain and suffering for the working class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

1. ACA is probably toast, repealed and not replaced by anything really. So that is that. But what do you think that means for the people ON Obamacare?

Some of them will be financially ruined, die, or both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
He'll run a Biblical based admin based on Two Corinthians. He'll drop the religious right in a heart beat when it become inconvenient, they were no more than willing stooges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.