Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this email from Thirsty Meeples (who I pre-ordered Inis from);

"We have been told today by Esdevium Games, the UK distributor of Inis, that the release of the game has been been pushed back until January 2017.

The reason cited was a ‘container delay’. At this point we don’t have any more information than that.

We do have a second order of Inis with another supplier in mainland Europe, but they have been unable to confirm when their shipment of the game will arrive. It may will be they are also effected by the same delay.

It is likely then that we won’t be able to fulfil pre-orders until the new year. We appreciate this is disappointing news especially as Inis is one of the hotly anticipated games of this year. If you would like a refund at this stage then please email us."

Anybody else affected by this? Are there any pre-orders going out currently, or is Inis being delayed across the board? I'm not too bothered personally, got more than enough games to keep me busy until the new year if they can't get it from another supplier, just thought people might want to know and / or have more information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from Miniature Market it shipped last Friday and I got it today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the same email.

Not exactly sure what to make of it....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious whether this is affecting multiple UK retailers or just Thirsty Meeples...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:
Just curious whether this is affecting multiple UK retailers or just Thirsty Meeples...

Quite!....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
hopefully they wont cancel my preorder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Neave-Houghting
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:

All of us as far as I can tell
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Toxic
United Kingdom
Belper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered mine from Boardgame Hut, they don't know when they are going to get their order but they've been told they'll only get about half the copies they ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:

I got a similar email yesterday from Mighty Lancer Games soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Bamford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My copy from Board Game Guru got cancelled due to an "extreme deallocation of stock" from Esdevium. Was pretty disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Matagot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik H
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Maybe they can sell French copies to people who clearly wanted an English one... like they did at Spiel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What amazes me is that they have English version available in United States, even though it was released at Essen in Europe and it is an European company.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered it from US. Costs extra for shipping and customs, but it's been my most anticipated game for a while

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RP Standlee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Slashdoctor wrote:
What amazes me is that they have English version available in United States, even though it was released at Essen in Europe and it is an European company.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered it from US. Costs extra for shipping and customs, but it's been my most anticipated game for a while

It's gotta be a problem with their UK Distributor (Esdevium) or whatever shipping company they use to ship to the UK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik H
Netherlands
flag msg tools
They told me there is no more stock so I guess all games must have been shipped out already?

And new stock is not even on the cards any time soon. At least couple of months away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryz0283 wrote:
It's gotta be a problem with their UK Distributor (Esdevium) or whatever shipping company they use to ship to the UK?

Yeah, the problem is that Asmodee own Esdevium, and Asmodee distribute Matagot games in the US. Guess what happens when they decide they can make more money from one than the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When they lost the container I wonder if Evolution: Climate was on board too???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.