$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30.8% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Remy H.
United States
Jacksonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Just recently moved back to Jacksonville NC.

I know there is never much going on here, but I don't think that's for lack of people.

I know plenty of boardgamers, and I know there are many in the Marines too.

I don't really understand why nothing ever gets organized here, but I'd love to get something going. Maybe just a weekly game day at Panera or something like that.

Any takers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Jacksonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few gamers around here. I host RPG nights and board game nights from time to time but I've got my plate and my table full. I would be in for a regular meet up somewhere in Jacksonville though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back to Camp Swampy!

All the years I lived here, never really saw a big, enduring gaming scene in J-Ville (other than my fellow transient fellow servicemembers), but there is a big community in Wilmington at Cape Fear Games, and the Swansboro area has grown a small but steady group. If you are interested in more info, and if you're on Facebook (where most of the discourse is going on), then shoot me a PM!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy H.
United States
Jacksonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I figured CFG in Wilmington would be the place to go, I just hate having to drive over an hour to get there. I could see that getting tiring after a few weekly sessions...

It might just end up being the only real option if nothing really develops here in Jacksonville.

I'm going to keep trying to get something local happening on a regular basis to hopefully gain and keep its own momentum even after I leave in a couple years.

Jacksonville needs some local fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Spinello
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
My wife and I host board game nights at my place in Swansboro. We play 2 or 3 times a week, and like to learn new games.W e have several who join us and love to meet new players. Here's our FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/797208903749770/
You can pm me here too if you're interested!
-Pat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy H.
United States
Jacksonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Interesting. Someone else just told me of another group in that area too.

I'm looking for things very local to downtown Jacksonville, and most likely hosted at a shop or something like Panera Bread or some coffee shop or something.

The groups I've started in other areas have always been like that and they can keep functioning when the "host" moves on, since the location remains, unlike at someones house.

Thanks for the info though, I'm glad to see there are people around that play. It might help get the local/public group started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Jacksonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The intarwebnets just ate my post. Anway yeah I think a neutral meetup would get things kicked off quite well. If you need a hand with that let me know and I'll do what I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.