Thumb up
 Hide
46 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: What addons are you planning to get if any? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hey guys this is a thread to chat about the addons and anything we might be interested in. Myself, I've just filled out my backerkit and got the Darkroot basin, the extra tiles and Black Dragon Kalameet.

Have fun all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got all of them because I'm a completionist with poor impulse control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Koch
Germany
flag msg tools
I ordered Darkroot Basin and the extra floor tiles. I want the 7 megabosses, too, but I'll wait till there available in retail stores.
Base game in March, Reward-Addons and Darkroot Basin in October will be enough content to cover the time until the other addons will be released. I need to manage my hobby-money, there are other expensive board games, too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:

I'm sticking to my 1-pound pledge. I was looking forward to seeing some serious improvement on the gameplay features, but at the end of the day the game just does not meet my expectations, even to go for a basic 80 pound pledge. The shipping costs have been the final blow.

off-topic: I am eagerly looking towards the new stuff that might be released for KD:M on the KS2 campaign launching on November 25th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With everyone complaining about shipping costs, I'm tempted to add on more stuff just to get more mileage out of my shipping dollars. Problem is, it's tough to pull the trigger on expansion bosses if there are no renders of them at all.

With that in mind, I'm thinking about getting the asylum demon and gaping dragon at least, but we'll see how much money I have to work with when the pledge manager is about to close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winters
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Base pledge only for me. Im banking the addons will be cheaper retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu1984 wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:

I'm sticking to my 1-pound pledge. I was looking forward to seeing some serious improvement on the gameplay features, but at the end of the day the game just does not meet my expectations, even to go for a basic 80 pound pledge. The shipping costs have been the final blow.

off-topic: I am eagerly looking towards the new stuff that might be released for KD:M on the KS2 campaign launching on November 25th.

If it helps they are going to do a full live playthrough of Dark Souls the board game on the 25th as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vincentdante wrote:
Shu1984 wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:

If it helps they are going to do a full live playthrough of Dark Souls the board game on the 25th as well.

Partial play through - "fresh bonfire through to the Titanite Demon Mini-Boss."

We won't see all the renders before the pledge manager closes and we won't see production miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandor wrote:
vincentdante wrote:
Shu1984 wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:

Partial play through - "fresh bonfire through to the Titanite Demon Mini-Boss."

We won't see all the renders before the pledge manager closes and we won't see production miniatures.

Oh my mistake, I thought I read full playthrough from bonfire. Still it should give a good idea of the gameplay. Thanks for the correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got the Darkroot Basin expansion since somehow I backed $11 more than I needed to. So since that wasn't enough to get anything, I just threw in the extra money to get that. Want to see how the game is first before buying all the bosses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacDonald
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if/when these add-ons will be available at retail. I'd like to know before I decide. Though, I'm thinking of adding darkroot basin and extra tiles because it sounds like it would add the most gameplay for my money? I do WANT all of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They will be available at retail. 401games.ca already has everything up for pre-order for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:

Ditto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently in for darkroot, but I'm leaning towards getting some more. What do the extra tiles add gameplay wise? I just don't understand what they are adding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
murteas wrote:
Currently in for darkroot, but I'm leaning towards getting some more. What do the extra tiles add gameplay wise? I just don't understand what they are adding.

Just different aesthetics to match the monsters to their appropriate environment from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah P.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just Gaping Dragon and Old Iron King bosses for me. I might order more when they hit retail. I just couldn't resist completing the Iron Keep expansion with Old Iron, and the Gaping Dragon just looked too amazing not to get. =D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Pak wrote:
Just Gaping Dragon and Old Iron King bosses for me. I might order more when they hit retail. I just couldn't resist completing the Iron Keep expansion with Old Iron, and the Gaping Dragon just looked too amazing not to get. =D

Hey man the retailer exclusive Executioners Chariot is also apart of the Iron Keep area, check out my lore thread for the connections if your curious. /shameless plug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah P.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh cool! thanks for mentioning it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kastberg Hinrichsen
msg tools
Bookswinters wrote:
Base pledge only for me. Im banking the addons will be cheaper retail.

Actually MSRP on bosses should be 35, where it is now 28. Furthermore, the pound has fallen a lot. With both the savings is 36% Compared to MSRP, but assuming a cheaper retail price, I think you'd still be saving quite a buck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I gave myself a little space to splurge... if just because I've never bought one of these miniatures games before...

So I got all of them... except Old Iron King... I figured, I'll wait to see him at retail, and if he's good, I can get him.... As he is now though, I think he's a bit goofy in design, but you can probably blame Dark Souls 2 for that.

So I'm pretty excited to get all those wicked Dark Souls 1 bosses, and for some reason, Vordt is there too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Polioliolio wrote:
So I'm pretty excited to get all those wicked Dark Souls 1 bosses, and for some reason, Vordt is there too

IKR! I'll never understand how Vordt became a mega-boss. He's not even that big in the game . If they just wanted DaS3 representation they had much better choices still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkroot Basin
Extra Tile set
Gaping Dragon
Asylum Demon
Black Dragon Kalameet

I want some more, but I've decided I can wait until retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing at all (yet). Had a 1 dollar pledge. However I've been less than impressed with this kickstarter. I'll wait until the stream to make my final decision, but the way it looks now I won't back this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
vincentdante wrote:
Hey guys this is a thread to chat about the addons and anything we might be interested in. Myself, I've just filled out my backerkit and got the Darkroot basin, the extra tiles and Black Dragon Kalameet.

Have fun all.

Exactly the same I was going for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
So far completed the payment for shipping on the Core pledge. Will wait until December before I decide whether I want any add on or not.

The thing is that currently GBP is at all time low and those add on will hit retail with increased pricing, what's more the shipping prices are fixed so any additional stuffs won't change it. Thus, this is the best time to get the add on.

I'll most likely getting the Darkroot expansion, those tile sets, and two of the Mega bosses (still undecided on which two)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.