$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49% of Goal | left

Support:

Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've only just started to explore this cycle starting with the HoN deluxe expansion. I've had a chance to check out these player cards & it certainly seems like the design is geared towards mono-sphere more than the Mirkwood & Khazad-Dum cycles.

Do people agree with this? I'm not really a fan of the mono-spheres...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly quests with the Mordor Elite cards punish multi-sphere decks, with The Master's Malice as the worst offender. That affects three quests in the cycle, Siege of Cair Andros (in the deluxe), Assault on Osgaliath, and Morgul Vale. I don't think the other six quests have any inherent monosphere advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
So I've only just started to explore this cycle starting with the HoN deluxe expansion. I've had a chance to check out these player cards & it certainly seems like the design is geared towards mono-sphere more than the Mirkwood & Khazad-Dum cycles.

Do people agree with this? I'm not really a fan of the mono-spheres...

I'm not sure if there's anything to disagree with - Mono sphere decks were very explicitly one of the design features of the player cards from the cycle. At the time of release it was very fun as a solo player to be able to beat Into Ithlien and Siege of Cair Andros with a single monosphere Tactics deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.