Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG just released a new preview (which comes close on the heels of all of the spoilers from Worlds) for the second DP from the Red Sands cycle: Station One.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/9/station...

A new criminal ID and some exploitative tools...

[Note: Exploit (#4) is previewed here but actually will be included in Daedalus Complex]

Anarchs remain active on Mars (Vengeance looks particularly nasty...)

But the corporations also get some new ICE (I like the fact the new HB piece does not appear to be position-dependent; will slot into glacier decks fairly well)

I thought this next card would complement the new Jinteki ID AgInfusion, but the ID ability acts like Susanoo no Mikoto

[Edit: added graphics]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Replanting seems like it would be great in Personal Evolution. If there's ever a Jinteki glacier ID, that would be it. Replanting just gets more efficient when servers start having 3 or more ice on them.

Los + Snitch + Au Revoir? Snitch/Au Revoir decks tend to be slow and rely on tutors a lot, but maybe Los can help with that tempo. Maybe all he needs is Snitch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swankidelic wrote:
Replanting seems like it would be great in Personal Evolution. If there's ever a Jinteki glacier ID, that would be it. Replanting just gets more efficient when servers start having 3 or more ice on them.

Los + Snitch + Au Revoir? Snitch/Au Revoir decks tend to be slow and rely on tutors a lot, but maybe Los can help with that tempo. Maybe all he needs is Snitch.

I'm probably not seeing all of the potential for Replanting, but I find it somewhat underwhelming at present. It's probably optimized for mid-to-late game use when Jinteki glacier can build deeper servers for cheap- but it's still a double.

As for Los, one might consider cards that haven't seen much play: Cortez chip adds to ICE rez costs so there's actually a 4 credit swing when Los uses it (Bribery is less useful because it requires the Runner to pay the extra rez cost, which can then be recovered with Los' ability). Desperado is probably the best console (as it is with many criminals).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, using Replanting for ice is definitely a mid-late game play, it's really inefficient on a server with only one ice.

Good for positional ice, though, which Jinteki loves. Get the Architect out of the way so that Susanoo-no-Mikoto is the final ice before HQ, and make sure Marker or Architect is outside of that.

It's great for Jinteki assets, too. If your opponent didn't bite your Snare or your Mushin-no-shin'd Overwriter, pull it back with Replanting and put down two more assets, and totally hit the reset button on the mind games.

I don't think it's going to get Jinteki to dethrone NBN, but it has a lot of potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.