Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I rarely find myself scratching my head at an expansion seemingly as simple as this, but..

How does Gate work?

It says to activate one of the gods for free and then replace all the other divinities face down on their decks.

Does this mean that after one player uses Gate, all Divinities are replaced back to their decks - even the ones already revealed since Age II?

Or does it mean only the cards that are temporarily revealed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Only those temporarily revealed. Basically, you reveal the top card from each remaining Divinity deck, choose one, put the others back.

Don't forget to double the cost of the Gate - before applying any discount you might have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, rules make the cost really clear. Just the wording was completely confusing otherwise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
What's more confusing... one of the Green Gods says "when revealed, put two Progress tokens on it and then choose on of them, when you summon that God" (something like that, I don't have the rulebook).
So if you choose that God via the Gate or the one Wonder, you just pick two random Progress token at that moment and choose one of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Almost. You put the two progress tokens on the god when you reveal it, so you can see which they are and use that information to help make your decision as to which god to pick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Almost. You put the two progress tokens on the god when you reveal it, so you can see which they are and use that information to help make your decision as to which god to pick.

Thank you, but that was not my question.
So again, what if I reveal this God via the Gate or the God-summoning Wonder...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
As soon as you reveal this god via Gate or the God-summoning Wonder you pick two tokens randomly and look at them. If you choose to keep this god, you decide which token you keep and the other goes back to the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
Btw, the rulebook text repeatedly refers to this card as the "Gate", but the card itself and the picture in the rulebook say "Door". Is this anything other than an oversight in the evolution of the game during development / testing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azyd wrote:
Btw, the rulebook text repeatedly refers to this card as the "Gate", but the card itself and the picture in the rulebook say "Door". Is this anything other than an oversight in the evolution of the game during development / testing?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
The french rulebook only uses one word : "porte" (door). As the authors are french I think this mistake was made during the translation in english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.