Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of November 9, 2016:

I just received my shipment notice from UPS!
This means they have begun the shipment process for Kickstarter backers!

I'm hoping most backers in the US will receive their copy within a week or two from now.

I'm very much looking forward to cracking open the box and running a few missions!

Update November 18, 2016:

Sorry for the false alarm. It appears that DVG decided to print UPS shipping labels FAR in advance of the date they will actually ship (see further explanation in my post below).

According to the update on Kickstarter, they wont' actually ship until next week (Nov. 21), which will be almost 14 days after printing the shipping labels.

TLDR: DVG printed UPS labels 2 weeks before actual ship date. This has caused confusion for people who receive shipment notification from UPS.

Update November 22, 2016:

I finally received my copy about an hour ago in Orange County.

I started another post with some photos of the shipment unboxing:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1677198/kickstarter-copy-re...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connors
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Copies are Shipping!!
I did, too. What's concerning is that it's only 3 pounds. I can't see this thing coming in at a mere 3 pounds when I got all the expansions, the footlocker, and everything else.

So, I wonder what's actually shipping...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheet
United States
New Durham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I thought the exact same thing. I bought everything as well, and can't imagine it coming in at 3 lbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've asked Dan of DVG to check.

If you want - PM me your mailing details and I will pass them on to Dan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Meier
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slow down gents, there is an update on the kickstarter page and it said 2/3 of the product is in and they are still waiting on the final 1/3. It said it would be a few days before they get it. Also stated people would be getting the UPS shipping notices because they are printing out the shipping info. Nothing is shipping right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Update #44

Nov 10 2016

DVG Update!

Here's the news on our projects!

Warfighter WWII - We have received 2/3 of the shipment. The remaining 1/3 should arrive in the next few days. We will then start mailing games. You might have received a UPS shipping notice. UPS sends those out when we order labels printed.

B-17 - The files are at the printer and we are waiting for the electronic proofs.

Israeli Air Force Leader - The Kickstarter is active now. Please take a look!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dvgames/israeli-air-for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, please, do not ship UPS to Canada.

devilgulpsoblueyuk

The brokerage fees and handling fees that the guys in brown charge are outrageous. I do not want to pay another $40-50 for my copy. Please ship to Canada using plain old USPS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't already - email this to DVG Customer Service,
Also when filling out your next survey it might be worth mentioning it as well in the postal notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:

devilgulpsoblueyuk

The brokerage fees and handling fees that the guys in brown charge are outrageous. I do not want to pay another $40-50 for my copy. Please ship to Canada using plain old USPS.

@David J-J - I asked DVG and they responded:
We do. We use USPS for orders to Canada.

-Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:

devilgulpsoblueyuk

@David J-J - I asked DVG and they responded:
We do. We use USPS for orders to Canada.

-Dan

Phew, thanks. Been hit by UPS fees one to many times in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Hark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
I've asked Dan of DVG to check.

If you want - PM me your mailing details and I will pass them on to Dan.

So did Dan say why the shipping weight is so low? My current footlocker weighs 10.5 lbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan said he would check.

The send out has been delayed as they are waiting for the last 1/3rd of the shipment components due to be delivered Monday.

My guess is that when they order the shipping labels they come with a "base" weight/size that then changes to actual weight when the couriers process the parcel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
catgh wrote:
Slow down gents, there is an update on the kickstarter page and it said 2/3 of the product is in and they are still waiting on the final 1/3. It said it would be a few days before they get it. Also stated people would be getting the UPS shipping notices because they are printing out the shipping info. Nothing is shipping right now.

My apologies to everyone! I jumped the gun on my original post. I made a false assumption that a delivery was eminent when I recieved a notice from UPS. This false alarm can also be attributed to that fact that I signed up for specific notices from UPS to alert me when a shipment is created that matches my address. If I didn't have that alert, I probably wouldn't have know a shipment was coming until I recieved an email notice from DVG (if they plan to send one). This definitely explains the 3 lbs shipment weight, since they won't know what the actual weight is until they have everything in the box.

Apparently DVG also jumped the gun and printed their shipping labels far too soon, before they were actually ready to ship. It is coming up on one week since they printed the shipping labels. On the bright side, at least they are preparing to get things sent off as quickly as possible once all the components have been accounted for.

David mentioned that 1/3 of the components have not been received yet, but I'm not sure that is the case. Over the last months or so, Rhiannon has posted several videos on DVG Facebook/YouTube showing that they received shipments of the metal mini-figures and the Footlocker. I'm pretty sure she also showed the upgraded metal tokens. So what else could be missing for the Sergeant-level pledge package? Only things left I can think of are card dividers and the expansion decks, but I would assume those come with the rest of the initial printing of the core box.

It's all speculation, but the more likely scenario is that they have received 2/3 of the print run and it's already on hand. This might mean the pallets with the remaining 1/3 of the print run haven't arrived yet. Perhaps they want to be fair to everyone and wait until the entire supply of inventory has been recieved before they start sending to backers, just in case that last 1/3 of the print run gets held up in customs or has shipping damage issues. This would make most backers upset if some people recieved their pledge and others are stuck waiting. If this is the case, I commend DVG for being patient and making sure they have a fair shipment policy where all backers are taken care of equally and made a priority before retail, etc.

Either way, I'm happy to wait until they have all their ducks in a row before shipping to us.

Again, sorry for the false alarm everyone whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patience is a virtue
I'm not very virtuous devil

In the scheme of things - what is a few days... whistle

Of course we could spend the time speculating on Wave 2 WW2 WF (at least a year away).... Or has anyone any questions about the rules or keywords? Or... I could get cards of Cthulhu down and...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update 46 - Warfighter WWII - We have received the final 2 truck loads of games and are starting the pack out!

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burton
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Any idea if the games received are JUST for kickstarter customers or if those of us who pre-ordered through stores like Miniature Market can expect some gaming goodness in the near future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
android61 wrote:
Any idea if the games received are JUST for kickstarter customers or if those of us who pre-ordered through stores like Miniature Market can expect some gaming goodness in the near future?

I don't know definitely - I remember DVG saying that once all the shipment arrives they will take up to 24 hours to package and post.

From that I assume they will do KS backers first, then wholesalers, then retail.

Since it is a single print run to meet expected demand - I would expect that all orders with DVG will be sent this week (except EU backers who will get it through an EU distributor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you want to read the rules while waiting for the delivery...

Published Rules and keywords
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139273/warfighter-keywords...
And
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139272/warfighter-wwii-rul...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burton
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
android61 wrote:

I don't know definitely - I remember DVG saying that once all the shipment arrives they will take up to 24 hours to package and post.

From that I assume they will do KS backers first, then wholesalers, then retail.

Since it is a single print run to meet expected demand - I would expect that all orders with DVG will be sent this week (except EU backers who will get it through an EU distributor).

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update #47

Nov 19 2016

US and EU Update

The games should be arriving in the EU for distribution any day now as should the minis. With luck they will be shipping to everyone in about a week or two depending on any customs delays.

The games have arrived in our US warehouse, and they will be shipping next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked what DVG was planning for the next 6 months and when we might see Wave 3 WF SF

From Dan at DVG:
Sherman Leader KS is coming up next, and then 1500 KS, and Warfighter has a big update coming in 2017.

No WF SF goodies this year... cry cry cry

But WF WWII has been posted according to a commentator on the KS page!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I got a notice from UPS stating the game is in transit. It will arrive in Cincinnati on 11/28.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have TRANSIT confirmation!
(collect 1 gold and looking forward to a review when you get it! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete A
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just delivered to Torrance, CA. Base game, 8 expansion decks, 2 token packs and 40 metal soldiers. Opening now and diving right in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have SPLASH confirmation!
(collect 5 gold and looking forward to a review when you are up to it! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.