7,748 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Ryan Winters
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has players taking on the role of merchants selling equipment to adventurers. However, they don't have the funds to maintain large stocks so they attempt to make items suited to the adventurers making their way through town. Adventurers will be showing up with specific preferences for both weapons and armor. They will buy the items that best suit their needs at the end of each round from what's on offer.

Players will be deciding how to prioritize their actions for the most profit. Various areas of the board represent the guilds where you get materials or have items made. Players will be placing action tokens denoting the order in which they will be taken. There will be several randomized options at each guild each turn. The person with their first action at the guild will be the first to choose, leaving less options for later players. In this way, everyone will be the first person to act at one of the guilds every round, and the second, and so on.

Requirements:
-Steam account.
-Copy of Tabletop Simulator.
-Fluent in English.
-Available during U.S. daytime hours (bit flexible).
-Worker Placement experience a plus.
-Microphone a plus.

I'm looking for some players to test a game using Tabletop Simulator on Steam. I plan to moderate the initial sessions so I can observe and help if needed. I'm calling it action placement as it's like worker placement, but with an order of operations. So think of only having one worker, but they can take several actions in a turn just not at the same time. So if you are familiar with worker placement games like Stone Age, I think it'll make sense.

I'm hoping to put together sessions with four players each as I'd like to have 3-4 players, so if there's one no-show that still works. I don't really know the "average" play time at this point, but expect sessions to be either one or two hours depending on availability. I will let people know beforehand which it is.

If you are interested, reply to the thread with your Steam name and availability (Day(s) of the Week, Time, and Timezone). Alternatively, you can send me your details privately. I will have a Group on Steam to handle the session details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Re: Tabletop Simulator Testers Needed for Action Placement Game
Hello, my nickname on Steam is Bojan, I have TTS and I like to help other game designers to test their games, and with some advice, because I'm a fellow designer myself. ;]

I'm not from US though, but I have managed to play with some ppl that have very different GMT than mine. It's just a question of good schedule agreement.

You can friend me through Steam, just look for the avatar that has two dices rolling with 'Die Hard' name under it (i use that logo on my YouTube channel, it's like my company for designing and home-publishing board games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Winters
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tabletop Simulator Testers Needed for Action Placement Game
Welcome aboard, we'll try to work something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Winters
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more player and we can try to have a session. Two more would be even better. Here's a peek at the game for anyone interested.

(I do not own the rights to the art in the prototype, it is all placeholder.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to help out if the timing worked out, but for the next week or so I'd only be available later in the evenings EST (say after 8pm EST or so). I have Steam and Tabletop Simulator and have done a few playtesting sessions (actually went through one of Bojan's games a few times as well), but I'm a corporate trainer and this week and next I am training so have literally zero time during the day to play.

I also have two children and my wife just had surgery, so until they all go to bed (usually around 8pm) I can't sneak away either.

I know this might not help at all, but IF you set up a later night session, or do a weekend one, let me know and I can try to attend. Steam name is the same as my BGG username.

(Oh, and I have very extensive worker placement experience. Big fan of Stone Age, Lords of Waterdeep, Russian Railroads, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Winters
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, hopefully we can find a time that works for everyone.

[DOUBLE EDIT] The first session was a moderate success and I'm working on feedback before the next session which is TBD. We have a handful of potential players now, but there's always room for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Winters
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a general note if anyone happens upon and this wonders if I'm still looking for testers, yes. I check the post daily, so let me know. If there comes a point I'm not looking for more testers, I will make a post saying as much. I will also post an update if I get to the point of unsupervised playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm always willing to test on tts, if times match up.

saluk64007
availability: Mon,Wed,Fri @7pm-12pm (pst); sat most of the day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Winters
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, added you on Steam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.