Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Kendall
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
It's been twenty-five years since we designed the original Backpacks & Blisters. Just think how many design mechanisms and systems have been invented since then. However this game uses the timeless idea of moving around to score points - albeit without the use of a dice or other such randomiser. Instead, players use circles to ramble on the flat and triangles to ramble in the hills - simple and compelling. Around this core system we have stream-lined mechanisms that in their day seemed quaint, but today feel ... too quaint. Such as:
• Being able to get a Bus or Ferry just when you want one - so annoying to have to wait!
• Carrying the Heavy Rucksack for two turns and not three - no point killing someone.
• Giving £1 coins out at lunch and tea time - managing money just got more fun.
• Scoring less points when raining in the valleys - being wet isn't nice no matter where.

But the really BIG change to the game comes in the form of Equipment tiles and for those of you who also know More Backpacks & Blisters you will recognise the amalgamation of the best parts of that game. Players choose one tile for each of the three sections of the day and boy, what a difference they can make: Binoculars, Guide Books, Sun Protection, Kendal Mint Cake, Walking Sticks and Compass. You might be able to imagine, but if in doubt you can check the detail on the Kickstarter page.

It's been great getting to grips with this game again and in the new Ragnar Brothers tradition we have included solo rules - after all walking alone is a joy.

If you have any questions please e-mail me via Geekmail.

Steve K
Ragnar Brothers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Seitz
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I speak for many people who know your old games, when I ask you this:

Will it have a tablecloth map?

;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kendall
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Ludwig

The game 'in the box' will have a board as the wonderful images Marco has created will only show up in perfect detail on card printing. However ... knowing the love of the Cloth Map we are suppplying these as a bonus item through the current Kickstarter campaign. We can only order so many of these, so 'get one while stocks last!'

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2061897488/backpacks-an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.