Terraforming Mars» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Solo 155 Points with Teractor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Waldner
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here is a summary of my solo game with Teractor, setting my personal record at 155 points.

In summary I started with a nice and cheap +6 boost to credit production in round one, turned up the heat like crazy, maxed out the temperature by round 10, converted the 16 heat production into 16 credit production via insulation, had a -3 and later even a -5 discount on all cards played and had a great card draw engine where I could get up to 9 cards per turn. With a Mega Credit production of 44 (without terraforming bonus) and a huge discount on cards there is really a lot you can do...

(As I don’t have the English version of the game many card names etc. are probably not correct)

Round 1:
- Bought 4 cards
- Increased MC production by 6 with two earth cards (Cartel and Company Takeover) for only 12(+6) credits
- Built Underground Detonation, which let me increase heat by 2 each turn for 10 credits. Used this ability on this and the following generations.

Round 2:
- Bought 2 cards
- Built Earth Catapult -> all cards cost -2
- Heat production 5 due to Micro-Turbines (playing this card cost me only 1)

Round 3:
- Bought and built power plant card for 2 (+3) credits
- Heat production 7

Round 4:
- Bought and built -1 energy- and +3 heat production for 4(+3) -> 12 heat production
- Increased temperature by 1 (I always used heat for this, never money)

Round 5:
- Increased temperature by 2 -> 13 heat production
- Bought and built Science Outpost for 16(+3) -> -1 credit for all cards. All cards now cost -3 total (-6 for Earth cards), plus first city
- Bought and played imported CO2, which cost me 3 to play (6 discount) -> heat production 15

Round 6:
- Increased temperature by 2 -> 16 heat production
- Bought 3 cards
- Increased energy production by 4 with two cards (Solar- and Fusion Energy) costing me 11+14-6 to play

Round 7
- Increased temperature by 2
- Bought and built Robots copying a card increasing energy production by 3 up to 7

Round 8
- Bought and built Arctic Algae, gaining two free plants per ocean
- Increased temperature by 2
- Bought and played Giant Ice Asteroid increasing temperature by 2 and creating two oceans, gaining 2(+4) plants and 2 credits

Round 9
- Bought 3 cards
- Increased temperature by 3 -> gained a free ocean -> gained 4 plants by placement
- Built Capital City gaining 6 credits from oceans (plus regular discount), which provides 2 plants and increases credit production by 5
- Built DNA card increasing MC production by 2
- Built garden with plants, gaining 2 plants and 4 credits

Round 10
- Increased temperature by 3. Temperature is now at maximum!
- Played insulation for free, turning 16 heat production into 16 MC production
- Bought all 4 cards
- Built AI-central -> draw and keep two extra cards per turn
- Built Development Center -> 1 energy to draw 1 card (so essentially another free card)
- Built Predatory Fish -> 1 vp per round

Round 11
MC Production is 29 + 37 Terraforming

- Bought 2 cards, drew 3 free cards
- Built 2 science cards that let me draw cards: 2 credits -> Draw a card. Look at a card which you may buy. Used both abilities this turn.
- Had more than 7 science by now and could build the science card that gave me another -2 discount to all cards, which amounted to a -5 discount to everything (-8 for earth cards)
- Built Crater City that increases MC production by 3 and gives 3 plants (33 MC production total)
- Built Nature Park, gaining 2 plants (and two tokens on it)
- Built two oceans with a card costing me 12 and gaining me 3(+4) plants as well as 4 credits
- 2 Gardens for 16 plants -> +8 MC for oceans, +3 plants total
- Finally built something green, increasing plant production by 3 for 7+8-10 credits (so 2 cards costing me only 5)
- Played Giant Convoy with a discount of -8, giving me another ocean, 2 cards and 4 animals for my Predatory Fish (=4 Vp). The ocean also meant +4 plants and +2 credits.
- Played an event card providing me another ocean for 11-5 MC, again for the usual +4 P, +2 MC
- 1 Garden for plants, +4 MC, +2 plants

Round 12
MC production 33 + T 44 =77 Credits. Drawing 5 + 4 „free“ cards per turn from now on

- Building 2 plant cards that each increase MC production by 2, and together increase plant production by 3 and give 3 plants
- Built Phobos Spaceport for 20
- Built Immigrant Ferry with a discount of 8, gaining +5 MC production
- Built an ocean with an event card for free (original cost 5), gaining 2 more cards from placement (+2 plants)
- Built my final ocean with an event card (original cost 16, discount -8) also gaining me 2 animals (Predatory Fish) and of course the plants from placement
- Another 2 gardens built with plants this turn
- Built Destruents for free and Small Animals for 1 MC. The mushrooms that add another microbe to a card came for free as well

Round 13
MC production 41 + 48 T = 89 credits. Again drawing lots of extra cards
- Built the following cards:
o Advanced Eco System
o Lagrange Observatory
o Pets
o Transneptun Probe
o Kallisto Penalty Mine
for a discount of 5 each (8 for pets) -> +3 MC production, 7 VP, +1 VP for every second future city, and quite some tokens for Destruents
- Built Domed City with 16(-5) credits (-1 energy, +3 MC)
- Increased plant production by 2 (up to 8) and gaining 2 plants with a plant card
- Built 1 garden with plants and 2 gardens with credits

Round 14
MCP 44 + 51

- Built 1 garden with plants (+1 plant)
- Standard projects now cost 3 less each (which cost me only 1 cr)
- Played Interstellar Colony Ship (-8 discount)
- Played Imported Nitrogen-> +1 terraforming, 4 plants, 3 microbes and two animals (-8 discount)
- Built Breathing Filters (+2VP) for 6 CR
- Built Open City (gaining 2+1 plants)
- Built 1 more garden with plants and the last three 3 of them with credits. Terraforming complete.
- After selling remaining hand cards had enough credits left to build another city
With my final plant production I built another garden between two cities

Here is a picture of the final map:

VP:
57 from terraforming
13 from predatory fish (8 of them have been „fed“ by events)
4 from destruents (10 tokens)
4 from nature park (10 tokens)
31 from other VP cards
5 together from capital city and immigrant ferry
15 from gardens
26 from cities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick P.
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, this is the highest solo score for Teractor recorded at bgg so far. You should post it here: Solo Highscores
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Waldner
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks. Just posted the score.

I also added the terraformed map to the original post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TheSil wrote:
Round 10

Dang, you know you're in for a great ride when something like that happens.

Very cool stuff, congrats on the stellar score!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mister mystery
msg tools
Snapshot wrote:
TheSil wrote:
Round 10

Dang, you know you're in for a great ride when something like that happens.

Very cool stuff, congrats on the stellar score!

Everything worked out that game already +6 money production turn 1 followed by money-> heat production and then convert heat production
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gosal
Malaysia
flag msg tools
I have yet to play with Teractor solo but your score is so good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impressive, really impressive, I just managed to reach 102 yesterday and was so proud :)

One thing puzzles me

"Round 12
- Built Immigrant Ferry with a discount of 8, gaining +5 MC production"

I wonder, given that you played it only at turn 12, it earned you 10MC (once at end of T12, once at end of T13)
Given the price of this card (even with 8 MC discount), was it worth it?

If you payed it with titanium, maybe yes, in the other case, you have lost some money :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Waldner
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, the immigration shuttles gave me 2 VP, (one for every three cities in play), potentially even more. With all the discounts and MC production I effectively paid 13 MC for 2 VP which is alright I guess, giving that the card came free...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot the VP... So yes, it is interesting :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.