$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 60.47

4,336 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
27.3% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Cottage Garden» Forums » Rules

Subject: Start and finish on three player board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing on the three player board, we started on the 3 player start, and end the round when the gardener reaches the Ziel 3 player square. Then jump the gardener over the 1-2 player start square, to start the next round again on the the three player start square, is this correct? Or should we perhaps have played one more turn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helena Hovancova
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmb
2 additional questions:

1

in 3p - when to turn the dice over?

2

in 3p - when exactly you should start deducing 2 points [6th round]? On START position? So is it that 1st and 6th rounds only are shorter?

Thanks in advance!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played that round 2 started but went on the first place not skipping over any spaces

As soon as round 6 begins players loose 2 points
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolverine1977 wrote:
We just played that round 2 started but went on the first place not skipping over any spaces


And having re-read the rules, this may well be the intention, as it says that the chevrons change, for each player, in each round, and skipping the one space ensures that they don't. I'd still like if possible though to have clarification from the manufacturer/designer of the game, as it seems that it's barely worth changing the start position if this is the correct understanding, may as well start all player counts on one square, and simply tell player counts two and three not to use the corner squares.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Game Photography
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello John,

you never skip any spaces as you would skip taking tiles as well. In a three player game the die just changes earlier and thus ends the game earlier too.

To answer Helena:

Quote:
in 3p - when to turn the dice over?


When you reach the "Ziel" space on the board.

Quote:
in 3p - when exactly you should start deducing 2 points [6th round]? On START position? So is it that 1st and 6th rounds only are shorter?


You turn the gardener each time he hits the "Ziel meeplemeeplemeeple" space. So as soon as he is on the space he flips to 6 and you check all boards as in the rules etc. Going forward from here all players with unfinished boards loose points.

Remember: in 2 and 3 player you have no corners to use the diagonals

Hope it helps
Peat
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MeeplePeat wrote:
Hello John,

you never skip any spaces as you would skip taking tiles as well. In a three player game the die just changes earlier and thus ends the game earlier too.


That's great Peat, and all the clarity I was looking for. Really lovely little game.

To those that may be off-put at having to cut and apply the stickers to one side of the board and rule book, don't be. Take your time, get them on straight, and you'll not even notice that they've been applied to the board, the stickers match well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike .
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I disagree, I was really disappointed in the stickers, even cutting them perfectly you can see the difference, some of the stones around the edge match and others don't, but they don't get covered up either. I would have preferred them to either release a wider sticker or just not been tight and reprinted the board, its not like it was a minor mistake!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Game Photography
mbmbmbmbmb
Teknik wrote:
I disagree, I was really disappointed in the stickers, even cutting them perfectly you can see the difference, some of the stones around the edge match and others don't, but they don't get covered up either. I would have preferred them to either release a wider sticker or just not been tight and reprinted the board, its not like it was a minor mistake!


Hi Mike,

I am sorry the stickers did not fit properly. Actually a reprint right before Essen is usually nothing that can be facilitated with any factory as all of them have their slots already filled with other games. And instead of doing nothing the publisher went for a solution to provide the upgrade stickers to each game to fix it.

All the best
Peat
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junxian Meng
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,it would be better to make an apology for the mismatch of the stickers. I spent a whole evening struggling with that. It would be better to cut stickers into small pieces for better match.

A question: Could a player place two cubes in the same box?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Game Photography
mbmbmbmbmb
Ark0015 wrote:
Hello,it would be better to make an apology for the mismatch of the stickers. I spent a whole evening struggling with that. It would be better to cut stickers into small pieces for better match.

A question: Could a player place two cubes in the same box?


Ok, I just saw people paste them and they looked fine. Will take a closer look.

Answer: Yes, you can. It is also used in the rules once on page 9 as two orange cubes are on field "1".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MeeplePeat wrote:
Ok, I just saw people paste them and they looked fine. Will take a closer look.


Well, almost. But to be honest I'd rather have my board without any sticker, so with 2p we just use the 4p board and ignore the corners. My hopes are that when the second printing arrives, there will be an opportunity to replace the board. Do you think that can be possible?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Game Photography
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
MeeplePeat wrote:
Ok, I just saw people paste them and they looked fine. Will take a closer look.


Well, almost. But to be honest I'd rather have my board without any sticker, so with 2p we just use the 4p board and ignore the corners. My hopes are that when the second printing arrives, there will be an opportunity to replace the board. Do you think that can be possible?


I give that back to the publisher when I met him if he does not read it before I catch him
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmbmbmb
MeeplePeat wrote:
I give that back to the publisher when I met him if he does not read it before I catch him :)


I totally second that. The stickers are unwieldy, don't line up exactly and leave you with a 1-3 player board that feels like a questionable print-and-play. I would certainly pay a bit for a correct proper board.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Game Photography
mbmbmbmbmb
Lapsus wrote:
MeeplePeat wrote:
I give that back to the publisher when I met him if he does not read it before I catch him


I totally second that. The stickers are unwieldy, don't line up exactly and leave you with a 1-3 player board that feels like a questionable print-and-play. I would certainly pay a bit for a correct proper board.


I understand you here. There will be no full scale replacements, especially as it can be easily played on the current board. Still in general there are always some additional spares on a print-run to replace missing/damaged pieces. Actually as the print run itself was effected, the spares here are of no use for replacements. But I assume some spares will be available on the next print run too. As this is for that print run only I don't know how much are available. I have another idea here, lets see.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with the notes that the stickers were unsatisfying.

I may have to turn my CDO card in, but I just ignored the mismatches when I put them on. I can definitely tell the are there, but I couldn't make them any better no matter what I did, so I didn't bother trying to do that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.