Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Robinson Crusoe New Edition Street Date rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raggle G
United Kingdom
Sandhurst
flag msg tools
According to Ignacy on the Board Game Insider podcast episode 44 9th Nov, the street dates for the new Portal version of Robinson Crusoe are:

7th December for the Early Launch Kit including an additional scenario and promo's.
21st December for the normal release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Neave-Houghting
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RaggleG wrote:
According to Ignacy on the Board Game Insider podcast episode 44 9th Nov, the street dates for the new Portal version of Robinson Crusoe are:

7th Dec for the Early Launch Kit including an additional scenario and promo's.
21st Dec for the normal release.

21st December? Ouch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
21st December?

That sucks. With the Christmas post I guess it will not be being delivered until after Christmas maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RaggleG wrote:

7th December for the Early Launch Kit including an additional scenario and promo's.

How would we get our hands on the early launch kit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raggle G
United Kingdom
Sandhurst
flag msg tools
Quote:

How would we get our hands on the early launch kit?

It wasn't mentioned in the podcast, which incidentally if you want to hear the dates, they were mentioned at approximately 28mins 30seconds in.

I'm assuming that the Early Release Kit will be a very limited shipment to selected stores so they can fulfil and drive pre-orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
It looks like the release kit is for retailers only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is this true for Europe as well? Bah, this is pathetic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmb
This bums me out, man.

I preordered the new version from MM back in August, along with several other (ready to ship) games. I was stoked to play, but after waiting 11 weeks and with 6 weeks to go... ugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Stubbs
msg tools
I'm in the same boat. Preordered from Cool Stuff along with 2 other games. Trying to decide if I should cancel it and start over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Same here. When I pre-ordered from MM in August, the projected date was October. Then it moved to November and now this. Oh well, I've waited for this game for a long time, what's an extra Month? Gives me something to look forward to after Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sooner would have been better!

Ahh well, plenty to play until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
RaggleG wrote:

Are they shipping it from the moon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taye T
msg tools
mb
tigerwalms wrote:
RaggleG wrote:

Are they shipping it from the moon?

Actually from Mars,from the first Martians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gauvin
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uberzone wrote:
It looks like the release kit is for retailers only.
US only gulpshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First it was September, then October, then November, now December...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmb
I emailed customer support at MM and they (quickly!) separated my order for me and shipped the rest of my order that has been ready to go. I'll have to pay the shipping on RC when it gets released, but they did ship the rest of the order (~$70) for free. I'm pretty happy with that, and now I can focus my angst on Portal

With great hype comes great disappointment I suppose. Happy to support the company while they try to take control of production though. It looks like the game is really benefiting from the makeover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
Finland
Joensuu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone asked earlier if this was for Europe also, or just US?

Would be nice to know, I've had pre-order since beginning of september and if this game delays over christmastime, I have to see if they would separate this from the rest of my gamepile, even if after that I'd have to pay shipping again.

This is becoming a bit annoying as I have quite a few other games waiting for this one, which was 16.9. release date according to the webshop in the beginning. It would be nice to get truthful info from Portal about the date, also about EU dates, and not only on US (as I assume the screenshot above is aimed for, taking into consideration the footnote in it).

Their webpage is also so silent, even if they're moving, I assume they would have Internet outside the office too to make a brief update?

-J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I talked to a local dealer here in Romania whom I've preordered the game from. He said Portal finally announced him they will start shipping games "this week". This was happening 6 or 7 days ago. So I suppose the game will hit the tables sooner in Europe than in America.
Although we're talking Portal here, so who knows...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A V
Lithuania
Siauliai
Siauliai
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Today I get this answer for my question, when 2th edition will be able on Europe markets:
"In a few days. We sent it to distribution already"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelius Coomans
msg tools
I ordered from Portal directly. Took about 4 weeks. No issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
Finland
Joensuu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mamyte03 wrote:
Today I get this answer for my question, when 2th edition will be able on Europe markets:
"In a few days. We sent it to distribution already"

That's great. I received a reply from the shop mine is coming from that, and I quote: "Our suppliers are expecting Robinson Crusoe Board Game: Adventures On The Cursed Island to be here ready for dispatch the first week in December."

So, in time for christmas! (Maybe should stick to ? rather than ! with this topic, but, well...)

-J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hofstedt
United States
Oak Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Honestly, the continued delay is making me want to cancel my order. Don't get me wrong. It's understandable that the game might take even until well into next year to release, but don't give estimates and then keep changing them. Like most people probably do, I ordered other things with this game, in order to avoid wasting money on shipping. Why? Because this was supposed to be shipped in October! (Actually, I seem to remember most sites saying September before that. I might be wrong. It's been a while.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The shop I pre-ordered from in late August still have no release date here in the UK.

After my experience with Star Trek Ascendancy and now this, I doubt I will bother to pre-order anything again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A V
Lithuania
Siauliai
Siauliai
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dougposkitt wrote:
The shop I pre-ordered from in late August still have no release date here in the UK.

After my experience with Star Trek Ascendancy and now this, I doubt I will bother to pre-order anything again.

The shop where I pre-ordered in Lithuania, sent me message that they have to get game in the middle of this week.

I hope it will be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Lynden
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasonhofstedt wrote:
Honestly, the continued delay is making me want to cancel my order. Don't get me wrong. It's understandable that the game might take even until well into next year to release, but don't give estimates and then keep changing them. Like most people probably do, I ordered other things with this game, in order to avoid wasting money on shipping. Why? Because this was supposed to be shipped in October! (Actually, I seem to remember most sites saying September before that. I might be wrong. It's been a while.)

Same here. Ordered this and the Betrayal expansion hearing it was going to be released in September. Then October. Then November. This far in I probably won't cancel. Still a little disappointing. But if the game's as good as everyone's saying I suppose all will be well in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.