Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys,

a week ago we got our king pledge for Conan. We also pledged for the "Campaign & Art Book" but it was not included.

Will this be sent later on or do I have to write Monolith about it and tell them it was forgotten in my order.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Laager
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith wrote that the art/scenario book and extensions come later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zerg wrote:
Monolith wrote that the art/scenario book and extensions come later

Specifically: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

Sorry I overlooked this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will this be available for sale? I missed the kickstarter but bought the kings pledge off ebay. Would really like to add these scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
Will this be available for sale? I missed the kickstarter but bought the kings pledge off ebay. Would really like to add these scenarios.

According to:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...

Quote:
Campaign Book: 19 Scenarios (Requires King pledge)

But it's not available yet (until "sometime in 2017"). If you bought the King Pledge off of e-bay then that seller may very well owe you a campaign book when it arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. The campaign book is not included in the King's Pledge, it is a seperate optional buy, which you can only buy when you get a King's Pledge.

Also, it is Kickstarter Exclusive, so no, it won't be available later.

If you did not pledge for one during the campaign, you are likely out of luck (you could try to contact Monolith, if you have a King's Pledge, and ask, whether you could still add it to your Pledge Manager somehow ... since the books havn't been made, yet, it should not be a problem, technically, if they are willing to help you out there). The secondary market would be the only other option, I suppose.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Man
msg tools
Well I contacted them, and they told me two things:
- no it's too late sorry
- continue to follow us for updates

We want as a gaming group to have access to the content for the game we commit to. We either have to go illegal, or just be sad ; altogether, I think it is a bad decision for nurturing a relationship long term between the players and the brand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman14 wrote:
- no it's too late sorry

We want as a gaming group to have access to the content for the game we commit to. We either have to go illegal, or just be sad ; altogether, I think it is a bad decision for nurturing a relationship long term between the players and the brand.

It was always presented as an optional add-on that would require KS content, and more specifically the King pledge content. So it is perfectly logical that it is not made available later outside the KS itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew I should have bought at least a half a dozen more of those books...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Man
msg tools
mathhatt wrote:

It was always presented as an optional add-on that would require KS content, and more specifically the King pledge content. So it is perfectly logical that it is not made available later outside the KS itself.

Yes you are right and I agree with you. I understand the importance of rewarding backers. Is an exclusive full game mode the right way of doing it?

It diminishes future in-store sales, and reduces the gaming experience.

I still have hope that Monolith will consider distributing the same scenarios by other means than the campaign book. For instance through the app or their website. I don't need the physical book, I would be happy with the raw gaming content, in pdf for instance.

And for anyone smarter than Monolith and ready to make a bit of money, please PM me an offer .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mathhatt wrote:
batman14 wrote:
- no it's too late sorry

You are, of course, correct. But I think this should have come in the game. The game IS the scenarios and what we have right now is limited in so many aspects that just cripples the game;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zinho73 wrote:
mathhatt wrote:
batman14 wrote:
- no it's too late sorry

You are, of course, correct. But I think this should have come in the game. The game IS the scenarios and what we have right now is limited in so many aspects that just cripples the game;

Totally agree. Having the "game" part be extra is really bad and I don't like it at all. Why would you create exclusive campaigns that most people will never see? Very frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathhatt wrote:
batman14 wrote:
- no it's too late sorry

Logical to KS backers maybe, but from a marketing standpoint they are now doing development on the game (i.e. cost incurred for them) for rules that could enrich their product for a much wider audience (profit that they're choosing to flush down the toilet).

I honestly still don't understand this model in terms of sustaining the brand beyond the initial Kickstarter campaign. This isn't "sour grapes" for me in the least. I pledged at the King level. I'm simply incredulous at the product planning that's involved with some of these exclusives that could be used to market a game to an audience that otherwise might ignore this altogether now, since a major selling point is out of reach for the sake of... what exactly. KS prestige/loyalty? That seems short-sighted to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lynch
msg tools
Well, hindsight is 20/20'on these matters. I imagine they were surprised by the demand. If they didn't offer the extras, maybe they wouldn't have made it. Though that is just demonstrably wrong now, it wasn't necessarilh the case...

As a person following the "Conan" brand, this looks like the most successful modern project since the relaunch with Dark Horse. Most things have done poorly, like the film, or been mediocre like AoC on launch.

No one thinks about the future profit when they are just trying to get things going.

If it is doing as well as it appears, I would wager it will make it to a second revised edition and then who knows what will be available.

But before they worry about future profits, they had to get past the present, and making plans for the future often makes you screw up your present more often than not...

I myself have the Conan campaign book ordered, so I am feeling clever...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's almost like selling you a bundle of games with chess, checkers and playing cards, then giving you the rules to play checkers and card games but selling the rules to go with chess as an add on. Sure you've got the chess pieces, but you can't do much with them.

Also, since the book is a "kickstarter" exclusive, they should sell it with the mythic battles kickstarter. That way it's still a "kickstarter" exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
Also, since the book is a "kickstarter" exclusive, they should sell it with the mythic battles kickstarter. That way it's still a "kickstarter" exclusive.

Sidebar: there is actually a precedent for that. Unless i'm sorely misremembering, the Pledge Managers for the various recent "Tiny Epic" Kickstarters (Tiny Epic Galaxies: Beyond the Black and Ultra Tiny Epic Kingdoms) allowed one to purchase KS kits of some of their earlier projects (some of it in PnP form).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
HarryCanyon wrote:

Sidebar: there is actually a precedent for that. Unless i'm sorely misremembering, the Pledge Managers for the various recent "Tiny Epic" Kickstarters (Tiny Epic Galaxies: Beyond the Black and Ultra Tiny Epic Kingdoms) allowed one to purchase KS kits of some of their earlier projects (some of it in PnP form).

Interesting. How did they handle shipping? Did they ship items that were already available or did you have to wait a year to get everything at once?

Leo said on the Mythic live stream that they might add Conan expansions to the pledge manager but didn't say anything about previous "exclusives." I guess I'll cross my fingers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.