Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett X
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some people collect dice (and dice games), while others collect series like the Kosmos 2 player line, and yet others collect obscure and OOP games. I don't lean towards collecting anything in particular other than when a tile placement game turns up my ears perk up Do you 'collect' anything? If so, how did you get into it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The skulls of my opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I collect dust on the unplayed games inhabiting my shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Stephen
United Kingdom
Dundee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I collect dice, but not to the extent I go looking for new interesting ones.

If I'm out and spot interesting ones or a nice Kickstarter crops up for (affordable) nice ones, then I'll pay attention and have a look.

Edit: As for how I got into it.... I guess my first dice set when I started playing RPGs was the initial hit. I liked the colours and shapes. So very different from the white D6s in most mainstream board games.

After that, it was a case of picking up new dice every so often and going from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Souls.

The darker, the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror game titles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a video gamer was well as a board gamer, including classic video game consoles. I have 15 consoles hooked up in the house (16 if you count a "gaming PC") and a decent number of games to go with each. I'm actually reducing the size of my video game collection a bit.

But I don't collect for the sake of "collecting". I only collect games that I actually want to play, so there's that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Nothing. I've seen Hoarders. I know the horrors that await collectors in their old age . . . skeleton cats everywhere! I don't want to be buried alive by the time I'm 60 under a mountain of different versions of Tigris and Euphrates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Shrinkwrapped boardgames, according to my friends (in a 12-step program though).

I tend to get drawn into certain themes regardless of the actual game.
- Racing Games
- Wrestling Games (and there's not a lot of different in what's out there)
- Star Trek Games, although once discovering just how many have been licensed I greatly cut back on that one.

There have been a couple of games that I've tried to get all the expansions and supplements once it's out of print. Car Wars and Formula De especially. For those the fun has been in the hunt of tracking down what's missing and not paying a king's ransom once those bits have been found.

I get these games and never (or hardly ever) play them, so I really do get them just for the joy I get out of collecting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
mbmbmbmbmb
Receipts for all the games I buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
good board games
horror movies
vinyl

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Food. I also occasionally eat some of it. Also lists. Lists of what I want to do. Lists of what I have done. I have a kind of bad memory. I love my lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I qualify as a "collector" unless a collector means someone who owns many of a similar type of item(s) like cases of water in the fridge or cold ceral in the cupboard....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eclipse mint boxes.

It makes me sad that they stopped making eclipse mints.

But I have a large duffelbag of empty boxes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
Up with goats! Down with sheep!
mbmbmbmbmb
I collect dice, but only casually. I collected adventure pulp fiction lego too, but they haven't run any pulp adventure lines for a several years. This too was a casual enterprise.

By casual I mean mostly impulse buying. I don't know the value of any particular item and I don't go out of my way searching for new items (and I open up the Lego boxes to play with them.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmb
Game wise:

3M
games. I've got the common bookshelf, sports, gamette and paper games. I'm now looking for the rare ones.

alea games. I have a handful of the new items to get.

Scrabble. Inadvertently have been collecting Scrabble. LOL

Argentum Verlag games. I'm not sure if I'm shooting for the whole group, but I like the games so I have a nice collection of them. They look good on the shelf.

Gigamic games. Love the wood abstracts.

GIPF Project. My set is complete.

I collect games in general. I'm a collector and player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dudes on board strategy games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
flag msg tools
Well, obviously, I collect board games

Within that scope, I am fond of collecting game series (ie: mulitple games set in the same "universe.")

I started this tack with Runebound (2E) and Descent (1E), continuing it by picking up Runewars and eventually D2E. Although I've since tapered off the Terrinoth games, since the setting has been changing somewhat dramatically from what it once was, and buying lots of expansions adds up.

I also have most of the Tempest series games (Courtier, Mercante, Love Letter, Dominare.) There are a couple in that line I still need to get.

I've been toying with buying in to the Level 7 series, although reviews seem to be mixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Collectors. I exsanguinate them, dry them, stack them in my underground vaults, then bathe in the delicious irony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
War games especially the Axis and Allies series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
My wife and I collect playing cards from every place we travel (states, countries, cities, landmarks). We are up to probably 20 decks so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Anderson
msg tools
Zombies!!! expansions.

Comic books.

GURPS books, although I've never played GURPS. They're just fun to read as inspiration for my other RPGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was into cult films I loved collecting whole series of films, the rarer the better, but not so much with board games.

I want to collect the complete Great War at Sea series, but their availability in the UK fluctuates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chiriboga
United States
Oviedo
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As far as lines of games go, I was going to collect AEG's Tempest line after liking both Love Letter and Courtier. I bought Patronize, then decided I hated it, so I traded it and gave up on that.

I'm currently thinking I might collect all the games in the Euphoria universe, as I have Euphoria and kickstarted the new one on Kickstarter. But if the other ones that Stonemaier makes are unappealing to me, I'll give up on that, too.

Lastly, there's the new Pocket Universe line, and I might delve into that a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Board games of course.
I don't know if I "collect" video games or DVD/BDs, or just have a lot of them. I buy games and disk titles I like or think I would like, and if they aren't fun at all, I sell/trade/give them away. (It does bother me to have only a portion of a TV series on disk though.)
I would love to have all my consoles hooked up (I only have 10 or so).
I used to collect comics but board gaming is a lot cheaper nowadays (fun revisiting my collection though.) And while I buy a lot/too many, I don't know if I "collect" any specific games, other than co-operative and "games that will get played."

The only other thing I seriously "collect" is magnetic bottle/can openers. I try to get one on every tourist trip. I don't think I've ever used them on a bottle (most of them are really cheaply made) but that's my tourist-collection thing, and they are currently arrayed on my refrigerator. They also are inexpensive, easy to bring home, and don't ever shrink like the tshirts i used to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.