Epic Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Fairy Trickster" on my own turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jochen XXX
msg tools
Hello everyone,
am I right with that ?
Let´s say I have a "Gudgeon" in play, and I want to play "Fairy Trickster" on my own deck. I think this ist not allowed, because I am untargetable, an the card text says "target player`s deck".
(Similar example: I have a "Steel Golem" in play, and want to play "Teleport")
Or is "untargetable" (my champions/ myself as player) not valid for myself ?

Regards
Jochen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
With The Gudgeon in play you can't be Flame Striked, or Frost Gianted, or Ice Draked, or Psionic Assaulted, or Thought Pluckered, or Amnesiaed, or Plagued, Hunting Raptored, or Fire Shamaned, or Pyromancered, …etc.

But this rule affects both players …you won't be able to use Fairy Trickster on yourself to reveal and play a card, or expend Keeper of Secrets to banish your own Ancient Chant for the card draw.

If something is untagetable, no player may target it regardless of ownership.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen XXX
msg tools
Okay :-)
Thanks alot !
Regards Jochen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thought!
When it comes to champions, untagetable only works while they are in play. Crystal Golem, Steel Golem, Sea Titan, etc are legal targets while in the discard pile and may be banished by Guilt Demon or returned to your hand with Corpse Taker.

Similarly this is also true of champions with Unbanishable. Just as an untargetable champion may be targeted while they're in the discard pile, an unbanishable champion may be banished while they're in the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen XXX
msg tools
I am aware of this, but thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen XXX
msg tools
In accordance to this, I am not allowed to play Angelic Protector (Tribute → Target champion gains unbreakable and untargetable this turn) on my Steel Golem ? Is that right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.