Subject: Agent Upgrade List rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been meaning to set up Operation Strikeback to start the campaign for a while but the amount of stuff that GD has now when you have the core box and the 2 expansions can be overwhelming so I knew I had to do something to make it less daunting.

The first thing I did was create a foamcore insert that would cut down on setup time.

This has really helped greatly but once I started playing the first mission of Operation Strikeback and needed to draw a random device or decide on the upgrade for my agents I found that with so many upgrades, physically sorting through them was tiresome and time consuming.

Therefore, in an attempt to cut that time down, I created a compilation list of all the upgrades that come with the Core box, Extinction Protocol and Operation Strikeback. There are also items from the Kickstarter for the expansions included.

These include:
1 - Devices
2 - Skills
3 - Psionics
4 - Basic and Improved Tactics
5 - Improved Weapons
6 - Alien Weapons

If I need a random item I use the online random number generator tool to pick and then I mark it in the file. Then I search for it in the actual physical components which I try to keep organized by set and alphabetically. I've also been using it to track my campaign progress.

You can find the Excel file here.

The formatting may be a little wonky here and there as I'm no expert with Excel. Hopefully, you can easily adjust it to your liking and it can be as useful to you as it has been to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
If I need a random item I use the online random number generator tool to pick and then I mark it in the file.

Xenobeta.com can actually handle random drawing, too, for Psionics and weapons (been thinking about adding devices, but currently don't have a place in the interface that makes good sense for this).

Both of these things are handled in the campaign tracker tab (first tab). Once you've created a campaign, you can toggle which components you want included in your pool using the Config section. When you add a weapon in the Headquarters section, you can choose to pick a random one. To randomly draw a psionic, add an agent under the Roster section, rank them up appropriately by clicking their portrait, and then hit the "add" button for psionics when it activates (the initial draw is always random, though you can click the newly-drawn psionic and replace it with a specific one after that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
If I need a random item I use the online random number generator tool to pick and then I mark it in the file.

Xenobeta.com can actually handle random drawing, too, for Psionics and weapons (been thinking about adding devices, but currently don't have a place in the interface that makes good sense for this).

Both of these things are handled in the campaign tracker tab (first tab). Once you've created a campaign, you can toggle which components you want included in your pool using the Config section. When you add a weapon in the Headquarters section, you can choose to pick a random one. To randomly draw a psionic, add an agent under the Roster section, rank them up appropriately by clicking their portrait, and then hit the "add" button for psionics when it activates (the initial draw is always random, though you can click the newly-drawn psionic and replace it with a specific one after that).

Good to know!

The catalyst for doing the list was the agent that makes you draw a random device every round. I just found it unwieldy. Hopefully you can add devices at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
The catalyst for doing the list was the agent that makes you draw a random device every round. I just found it unwieldy. Hopefully you can add devices at some point.

Yeah; the problem I ran into with devices is that they change a lot over the course of a mission but do not matter for the campaign at all, and in order to do random drawing you have to track which ones are in play at any given time.

I originally was going to include them in the campaign tracking tools, but the campaign tracker cannot really replace the cardboard at the moment when playing a mission so you'd end up managing the same information in two different places, which would be more headache than just tossing all the devices into a cup and drawing them randomly that way.

It's a conundrum. I'm on the fence over whether I want to make the campaign tools appropriate for replacing the cardboard (in which device management basically comes free), or if it would be worth adding a simplified method of tracking devices on a per-mission basis (maybe just "in play" and "out of play" pools, with randomized drawing for generic devices).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.