Popular Tags: [View All]
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
News post from CMON regarding the upcoming edition:

http://cmon.com/#/news/cmon-and-cranio-creations-to-publish-...

The most important take away is the following:

Quote:
While the gameplay remains untouched, CMON is updating the game, including new graphics and high-quality plastic miniatures.

You can see a hint of the new graphics in the box cover:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniatures for what?
The council members?

Do you know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Cool, so they are doing Lorenzo!
Insta-buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmb
Here's the news article: http://cmon.com/#/news/cmon-and-cranio-creations-to-publish-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Carnelaine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they don't add minis to Lorenzo... or change the art like they did with Council of Four.

Nevermind, I'm bad at reading. Happy they'll be bringing Lorenzo over to the US with the original art/mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qasic wrote:

Thanks. I thought I had included that but now see that I pasted in the wrong URL. I've updated the original post to include this now as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
Miniatures for what?
The council members?
Do you know?

Not yet. That's the first official information I've read. Hopefully they'll announce more soon.

Based on the art showing very distinct councilors, my hunch is that they council will be miniatures with a square base. If not them, then most definitely the king.

This all feels like an odd call to me, but I have confidence of CMON doing a quality job. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:
isellsunshine wrote:
Miniatures for what?
The council members?
Do you know?

Not yet. That's the first official information I've read. Hopefully they'll announce more soon.

Based on the art showing very distinct councilors, my hunch is that they council will be miniatures with a square base. If not them, then most definitely the king.

This all feels like an odd call to me, but I have confidence of CMON doing a quality job. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yes, very odd call! The figures in the game just sit in a row next to each other (in groups of four), until another figure comes along to push the last one out.

Seems like the usual silly overproduction leading to overpricing. I'm glad to stick to my copy with the wooden dudes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
wgerken wrote:
isellsunshine wrote:
Miniatures for what?
The council members?
Do you know?

Yes, very odd call! The figures in the game just sit in a row next to each other (in groups of four), until another figure comes along to push the last one out.

Seems like the usual silly overproduction leading to overpricing. I'm glad to stick to my copy with the wooden dudes...

For sure they need new balconies tho. Those things can stand a redesign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Council of Four could stand improvement, but that new box cover is about the ugliest thing I've ever seen and now it's the main image for the game. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cover suggests maybe that the King's council is now the Queen's...

I wonder what the board will be like. Dragons and Doom Mountains, maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game doesn't need miniatures. No regrets on buying the "Four" edition from Miniature Market before they sold out and removed it from their catalog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kulprits
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder why they'd ruin a perfectly good game with minatures? I can't even see how it would add anything, and more likely detract.

Wish I had of managed to source the current version before it was out of stock everywhere.

At least Lorenzo might be a bit easier to source now. And just a straight reprint which is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya that cover design is pretty ostentasous. Which is 180 from the original.
The original board had some flaws and the purples/blacks where very close in color so hopefully that's an improvement.

You may find some folks want the new version and would love to sell you their old one!

It's a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniatures?! Not sure I like the new cover art either. Kinda wishing I'd bought the first edition now....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they will do miniatrues per se, but I think that wooden piecies will be replaced with some plastic tokens (not full blown miniatres). In the end I really hope that they will manage to keep the price reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Garcia Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sure.... buy the old version with mistakes on the board and the ugliest art ever...

PM me if you want to buy my copy, I will certainly buy the new one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Callador wrote:
Sure.... buy the old version with mistakes on the board and the ugliest art ever...

Well, the board "mistakes" don't actually matter for gameplay, and I suppose the old art is "ugly" if you're using the usual Ameritrash definition of "not evoking Dungeons and Dragons in technicolor."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no issues with the original apart from the printing error on the board, but I'm always on board with improving game artwork when you're going to do a reprint anyway. But miniatures??? How on earth is that gonna work with the game? By all means bling out the art, tokens and resources, I have nothing against that unless it's simply to add some insane price tag to it - but since you are drawing the council members out of a bag the tokens need to feel exactly the same, otherwise you're actually breaking the game... (ignore the brainfart)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... you don't draw them out of a bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thorphin wrote:

We added a bag we had sitting around to make setup more random at the beginning of the game.

The game should have come with a bag imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh. You need to be able to see the pawns during play, and it doesn't really matter how the pawns are distributed as long as you set them up before dealing cards out.

Use a bag if you want, but it makes sense that one wasn't included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorphin wrote:

Apparently a major brainfart on my behalf. Been a while since I played and my head for some reason mixed up my own way of randomize set-up with how the game is played. Probably doesn't help that I had very recently watched Rahdo's runthrough for Key to the City where you DO draw the meeples out of the bag, lol.

Still find the idea of minis silly in this game, there is no need for them, they are just sitting there after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Garcia Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I guess we should wait for more info...

At the end mini or not , what matters is the price.

I believe this game is a hidden gem and it is positive that is getting the spotlight.

The actual version is really graphically poor for a wider audience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Callador wrote:
The actual version is really graphically poor for a wider audience.

Yeah, Catan had a boring Euro-cover and that thing went nowhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.