KOSMOS» Forums » General

Subject: (SOLVED!) Exceptionally poor customer service at Kosmos! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wrote to Kosmos customer service address (ersatzteilservice@kosmos.de) 3 months ago, about a parts problem I have with a German edition of one of their games. I received an automated "we got your email" message back (in German, of course), but there's been absolutely no response since. I've written back several times, but have received nothing, not even a courtesy email. So based on my experience, I can't recommend Kosmos games if you have a problem with their parts and are outside of Germany!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan José Fernández Quiroga
Chile
Santiago
Region Metropolitana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Exceptionally poor customer service at Kosmos!
Same here with a missing part of Nauticus. Contacted them, never received an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Exceptionally poor customer service at Kosmos!
ponchera69 wrote:
Same here with a missing part of Nauticus. Contacted them, never received an answer.

After 3 months, I contacted the American arm of the company (Thames & Kosmos). They responded that they could provide me with English replacement parts, but not German ones. They then offered to make contact with their German counterparts on my behalf, which they did but they didn't get any response back either. Finally, they cc'd me on one additional email to their German contact, but, you guessed it, there's been absolutely no reply from the German gentleman.

I guess Kosmos puts a customer service contact on their site because it's required, but they don't actually staff it with anyone. Same with the rest of the company, apparently no one actually does any work there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
(SOLVED!) Re: Exceptionally poor customer service at Kosmos!
pdclose wrote:
I guess Kosmos puts a customer service contact on their site because it's required, but they don't actually staff it with anyone.

Kosmos still doesn't know what went wrong, but what finally worked for me was to send them a message via their Facebook page. Despite the page being fully in German, the person answering their Facebook account speaks perfect English and was quickly able to realize my original query (which was still in their system, with a properly-assigned problem-tracking number) was being thoroughly ignored for no discernible reason. They quickly found someone in the company who had the answer to my problem, and provided me with the corrected image that I needed, as no physical card was available yet, within 48 hours. Very, very nice!

I have no idea why emails to the support address were ignored for almost 4 months, despite receiving automated responses with assigned tracking (thus the problem was logged), emails to the contact and info addresses were ignored too, tweets to Kosmos' twitter account went unanswered, and the American arm (Thames & Kosmos) tried to help but were met with silence as well, but Facebook messaging worked! I never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness for Facebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.