Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Davis
United States
KANSAS CITY
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Gale Force Nine,

Can you give your customers any sort of information regarding the possible release date of the Star Trek Ascendancy expansions? Even a brief update of the situation followed by a "we are not sure" would be helpful at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised to see this expansion as marked "Owned" by 17 BGG users. I didn't think it was out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Davis
United States
KANSAS CITY
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you click on it, almost all of them have preordered selected or want to buy. That is just BGG's weird status issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kēvin Zoren
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
@!#?@!
badge
Ehrmahgahd! Berd gahms!
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny enough I went back and checked and I had it marked as "owned". I swear I never clicked that, just added it to my wish list.

Strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would like to know the release estimates too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zane Beauchamp
msg tools
I too would very much like to know. I'd love to play this with my friends at our annual New Years gaming marathon, but unless at least one of the expansions is out by then to bring it up to 4 players we won't be able to.

Not a huge deal as I can still play Firefly and Munchkin with them, but it would suck to have to wait a full year to have the chance to play Ascendancy with that group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys know you can just subscribe to the thread without posting and getting our hopes up, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Davis
United States
KANSAS CITY
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Gale Force Nine could just respond the their customers' questions. I am on the border of just selling the base game. If they are going to screw up communication and distribution this badly, then I am not really interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered Ascendancy on the basis of GF9 advertising its release for summer 2016; I got it in the autumn. At the same time, I pre-ordered the two expansions based on their advertised release date of October/November(-ish); it now says early 2017 on the GF9 website store.

Over £100 of my money sitting in my OLGS account whilst all three releases get pushed back with no attempt at any form of explanation by GF9.

Am I supposed to say to myself "Ah well, that's just the way things go."

I wonder about the whole pre-order thing really. Maybe its the game stores that should exercise some caution here? I would be interested to hear others' take on this issue .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kierkegaard555 wrote:
Or Gale Force Nine could just respond the their customers' questions. I am on the border of just selling the base game. If they are going to screw up communication and distribution this badly, then I am not really interested.

I'm as upset as the next guy, but since I enjoy the game and assume I'll enjoy it even more with the expansions, getting rid of it out of spite seems counter to my own best interests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Tim, don't you tell me I can't post.

GaleForce9 needs to say something more definitive. Why should we preorder without a firm release date? If we don't, it's sold out. It's not fair for our money to be tied up.

cheng wrote:
You guys know you can just subscribe to the thread without posting and getting our hopes up, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Parker
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
bruticus wrote:

GaleForce9 needs to say something more definitive. Why should we pre-order without a firm release date? If we don't, it's sold out. It's not fair for our money to be tied up.

This dilemma is precisely my lament. I feel better that others feel the same as I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt we have to worry about it selling out right away. It's not hard to find the base game at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.