Subject: Any variant ideas for cooperative play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So does anyone have some ideas about how we can have a cooperative variant?

Some things that can to mind, borrowing from some of the other variants.
1. Use blocking imps like for 2-player (and solo variant)
2. No auction. Use the 'no planning phase + fixed turn order' variant.
3. Food tokens do not run out. Replace when needed as per the 'Friendly Action Space' variant.

Would this be enough?
What would the winning condition be? Maximizing combined score? Anyway to lose the game? Having a score less than x?

Any ideas?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would do coop scoring as "the group's score is the lowest score among the players". So you only do well if everyone does well.

(I don't remember the other variants you mentioned, so can't comment. Keeping food limited seems like an essential part of the challenge, so I'm not sure I would refill food.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I honestly think that this wouldn't need to be a varian, it would need to be a new game, based around the ideas found in Dungeon Petz.

I think one winning condition might be that you have to get a certain number of petz sold and taken care of.

I think the Dungeon Petz 'end of round minigame' (where you take care of the petz) is a really interesting springboard for a new game though and it might be worth exploring it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.